Part 8 - Sasuke's sick

Hello. I am back with a new chapter🥰💖. Thank you for my readers who is patiently waiting for my stories and I am sorry I can't upload daily. I also want to apologize for not being able to reply comments as I am busy but I appreciate all of them.😊 Anyway, Enjoy! Don't forget I am uploading every Monday and Thursday.

=======================================================

Hinata: "If you are asking about why I am not scared of you, the first thing is, if Uchiha-san didn't save me back then, I would be dead by now. If you want to kill me right now, I have no problem with that because this is the life you saved. The second thing, people say you are scary and intimidating by judging your appearance and cold attitude. As long as I remember, we haven't talked very often. I don't mean to offend you but you are like a mystery to me. I probably don't know Uchiha-san inside out so I don't want to accuse someone without knowing them properly. I think...

...The situation made you cold-hearted. It's not your fault that you changed into the person you are right now. There is always a reason why someone is the way they are and we should know it before we judge someone. People are not perfect, they make mistakes and that's normal. You were just hurt, blinded by the love you had for your family and I understand that. If I were you, I would eventually give up but I admire you for not giving up and continued to fight no matter how much you had to endure."

......Sasuke was bewildered by her unusual speech. It's not every day that he encounters someone who isn't afraid of him and doesn't think of him as a threat except for his friend Naruto. His heart was moved a little when he saw how gentle she was looking at him like he didn't commit crimes and kill people like he was just a normal person who walked her home. If only people were like her, Sasuke would be a better person. If only they understood that he was just lost and be there for him, at least he wouldn't try to leave this village and chase after vengeance. Sasuke was surprised to respond, he couldn't find the right word to say. Should he thank him for not seeing him as a monster? 'Thank you' isn't in Uchiha Sasuke's dictionary.

Hinata: "Sorry that I brought up your past. Please forget what I have said before." Hinata panicked as she got nothing in response but the last Uchiha staring at her with a flat gaze. She quickly apologized as she was afraid that he might be hurt by mentioning the painful memory.

Sasuke: "It's okay?" Sasuke didn't understand why she was sorry but accepted her apology non the less. As usual, Hinata responded to him with her warm smile which make Sasuke feel uneasy.

Hinata: "Then I will see you tomorrow Uchiha-san. Have a good night."

Sasuke: "Hn." With a slight nod, he continued his way to the hunted Uchiha compound to take a rest.

[Next day]

......Sasuke furrowed his eyebrows as he found himself unable to sleep last night. The images of his parents getting killed repeated through his mind continuously making him scared to fall asleep. Although he never told anyone, he was terrified to sleep. The nightmares always hunt him down and there were days he stayed awake to avoid those painful memories. Brushing his teeth and washing his face roughly, he let out a sigh as he felt very tired for not getting any sleep. Sasuke activated his Sharingan as he felt someone enter his house, he closed his eyes and the ruby beads turned into coral orbs when he saw it was Hinata.

Hinata: "Good morning Uchiha-san." She said sweetly with a genuine smile which Sasuke replied with a short 'Hn.' Hinata raised an eyebrow as Sasuke stumbled walking. Even though Sasuke acted like nothing happened Hinata felt something suspicious as she noticed Sasuke was sighing several times.

Hinata: "Are you okay Uchiha-san? Did you have a good sleep?" Sasuke tensed as Hinata spoke and was surprised that she noticed it.

Sasuke: "It was okay." The raven forced to speak but he felt dizzy inside. No matter how strong he was, he is a human and people need sleep and rest. Hinata didn't push either and let it slip.