chapter 11

Ryan woke up the next day, still on the couch with Addy. Both his arms were wrapped around her, and her head was now resting on his chest rather than his shoulder. A blush quickly rose to Ryan's cheeks. He wondered what time it was, and if he should try to get up or just lay there for a little longer. Honestly, if he could, he'd stay like this for hours.... but he knew the rest of their friends could come downstairs any minute, and he preferred to avoid their potential teasing.

He slowly loosened his grasp on Addy, trying his best not to wake her. He managed to gently push her off of him as he slipped off of the couch, almost tripping when he finally stood up.

After heading to the bathroom to get ready for the day, Ryan made his way to the kitchen. He just decided on eating cereal, since he wasn't that hungry, scrolling through his phone as he aimlessly moved his spoon around in the bowl. That's when he remembered that it was Monday, which meant there was school today. He sighed loudly at the realization, even though it was currently only 5:30 in the morning.

Just then, Addy had walked into the kitchen, smiling when she saw Ryan.

"Hey. What are you doing up so early?" she questioned him.

"Oh, um I don't really know. I just woke up pretty early and decided I'd just get up and eat breakfast." he explained, Addy nodding in response.

She wordlessly sat next to him at the table, not even hesitating to lean her head over on his shoulder, causing him to blush like crazy.

"Addy?" he quietly spoke when she hadn't said anything for a while.

"Hm?" she hummed in response.

"You ok?" he slowly asked, almost chuckling.

He heard her laugh softly. "Not really. I'm still asleep." she tiredly joked before yawning, her head still on his shoulder. "I can't believe we have school today. I really had fun this weekend." she said, her voice still quiet and sleepy.

"Yeah, I did too." he responded, smiling at the thought of the time they spent over the past two days.

"I had such a good rest last night. Apparently I slept on the couch.... because that's where I woke up." Addy randomly brought up. She was still a bit sleepy so her thoughts were a little all over the place.

Ryan chuckled. "Yeah, the couch was surprisingly pretty comfortable." he said.

"Wait, you slept on the couch too? With me?" Addy questioned, her eyes narrowed in curiosity as she lifted her head from his shoulder to stare at him.

Ryan's cheeks burned red as he desperately tried to come up with a reply. He didn't know if he should just tell her the truth, or make something up to keep things from being awkward.

"Well.... last night when we were watching the movie with everyone, you fell asleep on my shoulder. And I- I didn't want to disturb you so I was just going to stay there with you until you woke up. But then I fell asleep and when I woke up, it was the next morning so.... yeah." he reluctantly explained, his words trailing off in embarrassment.

Addy's face was now it's own shade of crimson as she shyly looked down at her hands. "Oh.... I didn't know that. I'm sorry I kept you there all night. You could've woken me up so you could-" she started to apologize, but Ryan quickly stopped her.

"No, no, you don't have to apologize. It's ok. I didn't mind laying there with you." he smiled.

"Really....?"

"Yeah. I liked it." he admitted, only causing both of their faces to heat up even more. He wasn't sure how he was suddenly bold enough to say that....

Addy's cheeks were beet red, her eyes now staring straight into Ryan's eyes, and there was a silence that filled the room as she couldn't seem to look away from him. They just stared at each other for a moment. A really long moment.... until Addy cleared her throat awkwardly, breaking the silence as her eyes finally darted away from him.