chapter 8

"You actually think this could work?" Addy asked Ryan as the two of them headed to Addy's front door.

"Maybe. I mean, it's worth a try." he shrugged, throwing her an enthusiastic smile.

"I think you might be a little too excited about this." she held back a laugh as they entered her house.

"Hey! I don't see you coming up with any brilliant ideas." Ryan teased her.

"Let me remind you that your idea of brilliant is to dance with our eyes closed." she teased back, both of them just laughing as they walked through the living room and made their way to the garage.

Once they were in the garage, they found some pieces of fabric to use as blindfolds. First, they practiced the dance without their eyes covered, then it was time to try it once with only Addy's eyes covered.

"Ok, here goes...." she trailed off, reluctantly tying the fabric around her eyes. She released a sigh, trying to calm her nerves, but that's when she heard Ryan chuckle.

"What is so funny?" Addy asked, crossing her arms in annoyance since she assumed he was laughing at her.

"Nothing. You just look so nervous." Ryan walked closer to her, gently placing his hands on her shoulders. "Just chill. It's gonna be fine." he added.

"That's easy for you to say. I'm the one who has to trust you to keep me from falling on my face right now. How do I know you won't just purposely let me fall to amuse yourself?"

"Addy! You know I wouldn't do something like that." Ryan said, frowning a little.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm just really nervous." Addy apologized, sighing again.

"Like I said, just chill. It's gonna be fine." Ryan repeated as they both got ready to run through the dance. And after a few tries, they actually got it right.

It was now time to try it with both of them blindfolded, and Ryan tried his best to hide his nervousness. They both got into stance, ready to do the choreography again with their eyes covered.

"You ready?" Ryan checked.

"Wait, where are you? You sound like you're halfway across the room...." Addy trailed off in response, turning her head in the direction Ryan's voice was coming from. But she was wrong though. Ryan was in fact, right next to her, and he just so happened to turn his head at the same time that she did, causing their faces to end up only inches away from each other. Ryan lifted the piece of fabric from his eyes for a moment, only to find that Addy had done the same thing, her cheeks now tinted pink.

"No, I'm right here." Ryan softly replied, his heart rate speeding up from their close proximity.

Addy nodded as she forced herself to look away and take a step back. And she could've sworn that she saw Ryan's face turn crimson, but he turned away too quickly for her to tell.

"Sorry. We didn't even start and I already messed up." she joked, laughing a little to ease the tension.

"No, it's ok. I messed up too. Let's just uh, start over." Ryan reacted, letting out a nervous chuckle.

They silently started to practice the choreography again, and after trying over and over again, they finally got it right. They pulled their blindfolds off, just staring at each other for a second in awe as they tried to cool down from all the dancing.

"How was that? Did we do it right that time?" Addy finally asked, pulling the scrunchie out of her now sweaty hair.

"I think so. Let's watch it and make sure." Ryan replied, since he had set up a camera to record them while they danced, so they could watch it afterwards and critique themselves. He made his way over to said camera, picking it up from it's spot near the wall and sitting down on the floor as he played back the footage. Addy sat next to him, subconsciously leaning her head on his shoulder the whole time they watched it.