Ch 623: There Is No If

Start from the beginning

Unsurprisingly it was the Pope. However, he was not the only one that had influence in the Church.

The Church's Curia, a system that assists the pope in the hierarchical government of the Church, was overseen by the Cardinal. They dealt with executive and diplomatic affairs. Meaning, they were the people Lin Ye would interact with the most in Laterano if he wanted to strike a deal with them and Rhodes Island.

That was not all. The Curia was divided into a separate department called the Tribunal.

As he went deeper into the papers, a sentence made him stop.

The Thirteen Rights and The Law.

The papers did in detail on the former. It just mentioned that they were a list of things that Sanktas needed to follow. The latter? It has even less information. It was just ... an entity that physically bound Sanktas under its rules.

A question popped into his head.

What happened to people that broke those rules?

Lin Ye pondered on this question for a while. Then an image of a smiling girl that had horns and a halo appeared in his head.

Lin Ye understood it now.

If a Sankta broke the rules of the Law, they would...

"... Fall," Lin Ye muttered.

The others in the room looked at Lin Ye in interest as he was reading the document and muttering under his breath.

After some time passed, Lin Ye placed all the documents on Kal'tsit's desk. Lin Ye nodded to himself and smiled at the two of them.

"Thank you," Lin Ye said to them, "This will help me a lot."

Amiya smiled at this while Kal'tsit just gave him a nod.

"That is good to hear," Kal'tsit hummed, "And you don't need to worry about taking care of Rhodes Island while you are away," Her hand waved at Amiya, "We will be doing that."

This caught him by surprise.

"Is that really fine with you?" He asked, "I am the Doctor so it's a bit of my job that you are doing."

Kal'tsit let out a sigh at this.

"Did you expect me to push all of the responsibility on one person?" She asked.

Lin Ye thought hard on this. From where he stands, Lin Ye thought that the Doctor was the main person who took care of the affair on Rhodes Island. It seemed that he was wrong.

"Then I might have overestimated myself a little," Lin Ye smiled and nodded his head, "You are right."

Kal'tsit nodded at Lin Ye as her expression softened on him.

"Glad you understand," She stated, "Focus on Laterano for now. Leave the rest to us."

Amiya nodded and smiled at him.

"Yes, Dokutah." She said, "Put faith in us."

... Faith?

Lin Ye's mind stopped when he heard this. However, before they could realise his sudden change, Lin Ye schooled his expression back to normal and smiled at them.

"Thank you," He nodded at them.

Seeing how both of them nodded back without asking anything, Lin Ye was relieved that they did not notice that.

Kal'tsit placed her arms on the table and crossed her fingers.

"Speaking about your trip to Laterano," Kal'tist hummed, "Do you have anyone you want to bring along with you on this trip to protect?"