"You can start by going on a date with someone else." Claire suggests. "Let's see what are your options." She looks around.

"Claire." I give her a pointed look. "Stop it, please."

"But why?" She whines. 

"You know everyone in this school is not my type. We have Anne who I swear it's a witch." I explain while naming the girls that are queer in our school. "I swear she put a curse on me or something." 

"Don't be so absurd." My friend laughs.

"I'm serious. In freshman year she took some of my hair and I'm pretty sure she also stole my favorite pin." I say so sure of myself. 

"Come on now." Claire makes a face at me.

"Dude, I swear. I remember talking with her in the corridor and then when I turned back one of my pins is gone. I looked everywhere for it." I tell her still remembering that day. "She must've used it to curse me or something. She is always staring at me and muttering stuff that I don't understand." 

"I'll give you that one. She does act strange when you are around." Claire nods and opens her phone to check the time.

"There's Melissa as well, but she's hanging out with the cool kids and is on and off with my sister." I continue.

"Yeah, I've seen it too. What's that about?" The blonde asks confused.

"No idea. There's Amber but she's a player so it won't work." I go on and my friend nods in agreement. "Lauren, but she's already in a relationship with a girl named Camila that goes to the other high school in the city."

"There's Tessa too." Claire interrupts me.

"Are you kidding me? She's way too intimidating." I shake my head. 

"Alejandra, the exchange student?" She continues.

"No thank you, her accent makes me combust. The other day she asked for a pen and I couldn't function anymore. Plus I heard she got her eyes on someone else." I respond easily. 

"How about-" She tries to go on but I stop her.

"We're going to be here for a while if you'll name every queer girl from this high school." I roll my eyes. "My point is that I think I'm way too deep into my feelings for a certain someone to actually try to like anyone else." I explain.

Our conversation was cut short when the bell rang. 

"Saved by the bell." Claire directs it at me making me laugh. "Don't forget that tonight Noah is hosting a small gathering, and you are expected to come." 

"Who else did your boyfriend invite?" I ask hoping the list is small.

"Your sister and her girlfriend, Lizzie with some of her friends, some friends from his drama class and from his team. People that he's close with." She answers me easily. 

"Oh, great." I nod.

And with that, we part ways. I have no idea what we did in class since I was way too focused on doodling on the back of my notebook. It's a secret passion of mine. My parents would freak out if they heard I want to do something else than study and run for my track team. This made me keep my doodles from everyone else, including my sister.

I only started sharing my drawings recently. It's mostly graffiti or prints pinned on boards. It's anonymous though, I wouldn't dare vandalize school property and then admit that it's me. 

I started sharing my art as a way to try to let out my feelings for Lizzie. Every time I see her smiling or laughing at the puns I made in the artwork it gives me the best feelings ever.