Chapter 30: The Answer to Grow!

Ruby: ARE YOU SERIOUSLY STILL KEEPING THIS?!

Ryu: Today is the day I face the Battle Palace. You won't have to wait long.

Ryu Ruby and Zoro were docking on a boat, arriving on an island known as Metallica Island. However this time, they were accompanied by Scott.

Scott: Well if you've kept it a secret for a few days, then it must be good.

Ruby: Still! I've been trying to figure out what it could be this entire time!!

Zoro: Just wait until we find Spenser.

Ryu: Yeah. Believe it or not, you're not the one who's most excited to unveil that secret.

They walked out, as a Pokeball shook on Ryu's belt.

Ryu: That would be this one.

The walked into the forest with each of them enjoying the nature.

Ryu: I get why he'd want to live out here on his own. This place is so peaceful.

Scott: Absolutely. Spenser likes taking the natural path of life. He's in complete harmony with nature.

Zoro: Which would also lead him to being in complete harmony with his Pokémon.

Ruby stopped to sniff a flower, not having heard anything that was said until the mention of Pokémon came up.

Ruby: ^_^ You guys say something?

Ryu: Don't worry about it.

They kept moving, soon enough arriving the palace.

Ryu: Huh, nice.

Ryu was about to lift a boot up to kick down the door, however a thought in the back of his mind caused him to simply knock.

Zoro: What was that?

Ryu: For some reason, I thought I'd feel bad about doing that this time.

The doors slowly opened, as someone was seen walking out. This was revealed to be an old man, with dark skin, a bald head, a long white beard, and a pleasant smile.

???: Ahhh, you must be Ryu Kaizen.

Ryu: Man, the Frontier Brains really do gossip.

???: Oh just slightly! I'm Spenser!

SPENSER!!

Ryu whispered to Zoro.

Ryu: *Whisper* See?! I would've felt like a total asshole if I kicked down a friendly old man's door!

Scott: Nice to see you're doing well Spenser.

Ryu: Well if you're up to it, I'd like to get to our battle.

Spenser: Of course! Seeing as it's such a good day, I have a proposition for you. Instead of simply staying inside for our battle, how would you like to take things outdoors?