Chapter 11: The Cinnabar Ship Tournament!

Ryu and Erika had finally gotten to a town as a ship was in sight.

Ryu: Ahhh, finally. This place goes right to Cinnabar Island.

Erika: Not only that but there are strong Pokémon Trainers. You can trade for string Pokémon.

Ryu: Erika, my lineup so far is made up of the speedy evasive flying type that has the ultimate cock block of moves, aka protect-

Pidgeot: PIDGE!!

Ryu: The powerful special attacker that's like a ninja-

Sandslash: Slash.

Ryu: The literal tank of the group along-

Dragonite: Beru.

Ryu: The one that get's stronger when they're close to being down-

Charizard: *ROAR*!!

Ryu: And lastly the Power House that's used for either a clean sweep or to finish off the rest of a trainers Pokémon.

Nidoking: King!

Ryu: There is literally nothing that will make me trade anyone.

Erika: Well that's fair. But anyway, there are also people with TM's for moves.

This peaked Ryu's interest.

Ryu: Hm... Well, maybe there's one I can replace Earth Power with right now.

They continued going as they got to the ship.

Sailor: Hello there you two, would you be interested in joining the Cinnabar Ship Tournament?

Ryu: Cinnabar ship tournament?

Sailor: Yes! All sorts of Trainers are going to compete! The grand prize is 100,000 Poke Dollars!

Ryu's eyes changed to dollar signs.

Ryu: Sign me up!!

Sailor: The battles will be solely one on one! It starts an hour after the ship departs!

Ryu signed his name as they also got tickets. When they boarded they started looking around the TM and TR shops.

Ryu: Ok let's see. Sludge wave, eh, his special attack doesn't really stand out.

Erika: Night Slash?

Ryu: No, would've been helpful against Sabrina though.

They kept looking around until Erika found a good one.

Ryu: Nah, Thunder would be ok but Dragonite already has that so it'd be a waist to-

Erika: Ryu, what about this one?

Erika showed a TR to him as his eyes slightly widened.

Ryu: Hold on, that might actually be a solid choice for now.

???: HEY RYU!!

They both turned back and saw Ash Brock and Misty over by another part of the ship. This caused Ryu to smile.

Ryu: Hey guys, what's up?!

Erika: Are these your friends Ryu?

Ryu: Yeah.

They all walked over to each other.

Brock: How've you been?

Ryu: Eh, same old same old, taking Gym Leader down and catching new Pokémon for my Team.

Pikachu: Pika Pika?

Ryu: Oh right, trust me, you guys will get a kick out of this.

Ryu grabbed two Pokeballs as from them came Nidoking and Charizard.