Chapter 13: Raging Power of Blast Burn!!

When last we left, Ryu revealed a flaming feather in his hands to the others.

Leaf: A flaming feather?

Brock: I've never seen a Pokémon with those personally.

Gary: Hm... I remember gramps taught us about this at some point before we became trainers. I just can't remember which.

Ryu: Well, good thing I have a book of all the Kanto Pokémon.

They walked back to their spot on the boat. Ryu reached into his bag bringing out a thick book.

Misty: You just lug that thing around with you?

Ryu: Honestly not that bad when you travel across an entire region ON FOOT.

He dropped the book as there was a noticeable thud. He opened the book before flipping through pages.

Ryu: I remember seeing something about a bird Pokémon with flaming feathers.

Misty: Do you remember the name?

Ryu: No, but I do remember that it might be the strongest Fire Type in the Kanto Region.

He stopped flipping shocked to see which Pokémon had to have been responsible.

Ryu: O_O No way...

Brock: Who is it?

They all looked over his shoulder and saw the picture and name of the Pokémon.

Gary: MOLTRES!!

Leaf: One of the Legendary Bird Trio?!!

They all looked to the feather.

Erika: Y-You're telling me that th-this feather belongs to-

Ryu grabbed the feather again looking at the undying flame.

Ryu: A LEGENDARY FUCKING POKÉMON WAS ON THIS SHIP AND I DIDN'T GET THE CHANCE TO EVEN SEE IT?!!!

He looked up to the sky raging.

Ryu: WHAT KIND OF CRUEL JOKE IS THIS?!!!!

TIME SKIP!!

After the night had passed -And Ryu almost cried himself to sleep after missing the chance to see Moltres- the boat had arrived to Cinnabar Island.

Ryu: Q_Q

Ash: Dude suck it up, we missed the chance to see it too!

Ryu: I'm the one who was closest though!! I was just a HAIR away from being able to battle a Legendary!

Gary: Or if you wanna be specific a feather.

Gary held his chin in his hand thinking.

Gary: Far too late there friend
You have a single reminder
A Moltres' feather.