Chapter 8: The Stoic Dragonite: New Flames

Ryu: And that's what's happened.

Ryu was at the Pokémon Center on the phone talking to Ash while Brock and Misty listened as well.

Ash: TEAM ROCKET IS THAT BAD?!!

Ryu: Yeah, you guys probably didn't notice how I was when I heard who they were.

Brock: And I can't believe a Gym Leader is the boss of them. Just disgraceful.

Ryu: Make sure you three are on guard at all times around them now.

Misty: We will now.

Ash: And if Giovani really is the strongest Gym Leader too then we'll have to train.

Ryu: I know. Call me if anything comes up.

They hung up as Ryu thought to himself.

Ryu: If Charmander can evolve into Charizard then Ground Type Pokémon won't be a problem, and I also would have Pidgeot to fall back on.

He got up walking out of the center for fresh air. While he did that he saw a flyer in the air as he reached to it grabbing the piece of paper.

Ryu: Hm?

He turned it around seeing a picture of a yellow dragon.

Ryu: A Dragonite?

Flyer Girl: This one is different from others.

She looked seeing a girl with flyers in her hand.

Flyer Girl: This Dragonite has gone around battling everything.

Ryu: What happened to it's trainer?

Flyer Girl: It's said that his Trainer had died of old age recently.

Ryu: I see. I'm gonna guess no one has been able to keep it from going on mini rampages.

Flyer Girl: Anyone who's tried as been defeated and not by a small margin.

Ryu thought to himself before a smirk appeared on his face.

Ryu: So, where would I find this Dragonite?

Completely unaware of his plotting the girl answered.

Flyer Girl: Well, most of the time it lives up in the mountains near Celedon City.

Ryu: HMMMM. Well then I'll have to take a little visit there.

She looked at Ryu seeing the grin on his face.

Flyer Girl: Y-You don't actually think you should go after that Pokemon do you?!

Ryu: Ohhh think? Nah. Know? ABSOLUTELY!!

They heard the sound of Pokémon healing being finished as Ryu's devious grin only grew wider.

Ryu: Thanks for the info!

He dashed into the center before coming out with Nidoking by his side.

Flyer Girl: WHAT KIND OF POKÉMON IS THAT?!!!

Nidoking: King.

Ryu: Don't worry, me and my team can handle that thing no bother.

Ryu and Nidoking began to walk away as he thought.

Ryu: The Pseudo Legendary of Kanto. Now THAT is a Pokémon I'd like to have on my team.

Nidoking: King.

Ryu: I know he's gonna be a tough fight.

He looked at Charmeleon's Pokeball thinking.

Ryu: 'Maybe this could bring you to the path of your next stage. I guess you are my other partner, so it'd only be right.'