DS Dreammare - No One Deserves An Untimely Death

Start from the beginning

Dream POV:

It had been a few days since my encounter with Nightmare. Why had he been so nice to me? I couldn't get it off my mind.

"Hey boss?" I looked up and saw Ink.

"What do you need Ink?" I asked.

"Are you ever going to tell us how you lost your boot?"

I hadn't told them about my run in with Nightmare. I also hadn't realized that I'd never gotten my boot back.

"Nope. It's none of your business." I replied shortly.

"Alright. We managed to catch one of the meme squad weirdos. Nightmare." That caught my interest. "We almost got Cross, but Nightmare kicked him away and told him to go." Ink rolled his eyes.

"Is he in the dungeon?" I asked.

"Where else would he be?" Ink said before walking out.

I stood up and began making my way down there. I grabbed the blanket he gave me and slid a key in there. I entered and found Nightmare rather quickly, or heard is more accurate. He was yelling at the guard. I walked over and he stopped.

"Oh, hi Dream." He said as though he wasn't  just shouting his head off. I dismissed the guard and waited until there was no one around. Nightmare was the only one in the dungeon.

"Hello Nightmare." I greeted. I took his blanket out from under my jacket and handed it back to him through the bars. He took out the key. "Consider it a return favor." I began walking out. "Wait until night. That key unlocks almost anything in the castle. I require it back." I added before leaving.

Nightmare POV:

Huh. I hadn't expected that from Dream. I thought he was going to kill me for sure. Especially because Cross and Error aren't here.  It he gave me a key. The actual reason I came here was to give Dream his dumb boot back but the guards wouldn't take it and threw me in here instead! I hid the key back in my blanket and waited for night.

~That Night~

I stayed awake and went up to the door. The night-guards were only on the outside of the dungeon. I unlocked it and crept out. I knocked on the door of the dungeon then slunk into the shadows. The guards opened it and began looking around. I snuck out behind them. I then began sneaking through the palace. Man, Dream had a big place! I eventually came across what I assumed was his room. I used the key and unlocked the door. It was a big room and I saw a winged figure asleep in the bed a bit far away from me. I walked up to his nightstand and placed the key on there and then I put the boot next to his other one. I looked over at Dream. He looked so peaceful when he was asleep. Just like before...
I shook my head. I shouldn't let these thoughts come back. The Dream I knew is long gone. I took a deep breath and turned to walk out. Something grabbed my wrist as I tried.

"You always forget I can feel your emotions too, don't you?" Dream's sleepy voice rang out. I looked back at him.

"Sorry. I'll just go-" I got cut off as Dream yanked me down to sit beside him.

He sat up to reveal he wasn't wearing a shirt, showing all of his ribs. A purple hue crept onto my face.

"Dream. I really should go-" Dream leaned forwards and placed both of his hands on either side of my hips.

"Not just yet~." Dream cooed. A purple blush exploded across my face. He laughed. "You look cute like that."

I was about to say something when Dream kissed me. I wasn't about to miss my chance so I kissed him back. Dream pulled away gently after a few seconds.

"Why can't you stay the night?" He asked.

"Fine. I will." I replied.

I kicked off my shoes and hid them behind the nightstand and then climbed into the bed beside him. It was comfy. Just as I was dozing off, the door burst open.

"My Lord?"

Dream POV:

"My Lord?"

Dammit Finch! I quickly covered Nightmare with my wing. He tried to talk and I covered his mouth.

"What do you need Finch?" I asked angrily.

"Well, it appears Nightmare has escaped..."

"Okay? Get out! I'm trying to sleep!" I ordered.

Finch shut the door and left. I've told him not to barge in. I looked back at Nightmare who looked a bit worried. I kissed his forehead. He started blushing a lot again.

"I felt you're feelings for me return a while ago." I told him. "I wanted to return them. Now I have an excuse too."

"I love you too, Dream."

And with that, Nightmare fell asleep against me. I hugged him protectively. I finally managed to very weirdly confess to him. At least he returned it.

————————————————————————

1562 words