135

The next couple weeks were hard. I was still dealing with recovery and Colby was hardly around.

I was almost completely healed at this point but would get really sore at the end of each day.

Everyone was so helpful since they knew that Colby was extremely busy and couldn't really pay attention to me.

"Alright, let's go." I said to my siblings as I grabbed a pair of keys.

Today I was bringing the kids to the park with Corey and Jake.

For whatever reason I was getting so much more freedom now, which led me to believe that I was safe.

I found myself getting nervous considering I have been taken by criminals multiple times.

Bringing my siblings out was a huge fucking step for me.

I was scared but I knew Jake and Corey would protect them. I instructed them to protect them more than me.

I could hold my own.

"Where are we going?" Carter asked as we walked to the car.

"To the park." I said then opened the back door and started getting Juniper situated in her car seat.

I was impressed that this tough gang of crime lords was able to understand that children needed car seats and that they were able to pick out the correct one.

"Why?" Jenna asked blandly. "Because it's fun." I said with a shrug.

Once all the kids were settled I got in the car and drove to the nearest park. I made sure as we drove that Jake and Corey were behind me in case something was to happen.

When we got to the park I parked the car and got the kids out.

"You guys stay with me, Jake, or Corey. Understand?" I asked and took Sam's hand, holding Juniper on my hip.

"Got it." Jenna and Carter said at the same time. "Perfect." I said then led the way to the playground.

"Jule, will you push me on the swings?!" Sam asked as we walked to the swings. "Sure thing, kid." I said as he got on the swing.

I put Juniper in the baby swing next to Sam then pushed them both, keeping my eyes on Carter and Jenna as they talked to Jake and Corey.

I wanted them to let loose and be kids for a change. Carter and Jenna really had to grow up quickly since I was taken and it broke my heart.

Carter was loosening up a lot more than Jenna was and he was getting closer to Jake which was kinda scary.

Jake was the most childish of all the gang members though so I guess it was a good thing.

Jenna was standoffish. Before all of this happened she looked up to me so much and loved being around me.

Now it felt like she would rather be anywhere else than near me.

"Can you push them?" I asked Corey as he nodded and took my spot.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked Jenna as she looked up at me.

"I guess." Jenna said as I nodded and nudged my head so she would follow me.

"What's going on?" I asked as we sat under a tree. "What do you mean?" Jenna asked with a sigh. "I know you're upset with me." I said quietly as she raised her brows.

"You don't understand how hard it was when you left us." Jenna said, picking at the grass.

"I know." I said gently as she shook her head. "You don't! Mom changed and she treated me like I had to take care of everyone." She snapped, looking up at me again.