117

Colby's POV

"Aaaand done." Patrick said as he finished tattooing Julia's wrist. "What do you think?" He asked as Julia smiled.

"I love it." She said then looked up at me. "What do you think?" She asked and smiled the widest smile I have ever seen.

It remind me of the picture of her with her family in that one picture that was hung in her childhood home.

I wasn't sure if that smile would ever exist again. This poor girl lost her entire family because her father was a selfish prick and because I was an idiot.

Part of me still wished I never took her to begin with.

"It's beautiful." I said, talking not only about the tattoo on her wrist, but the smile on her face.

"Awesome. I'm gonna cover it in this. Just don't touch it or take it off for a week. If it looks dry, put some aquaphor on it. Any other questions?" Patrick asked as he wrapped Julia's tattoos.

"Nope." Julia said then looked up at me. "I'll help with any questions you may have." I said as she nodded.

Once she was all wrapped up, we went up front and I paid for the tattoos.

I was honestly really proud of her for going through with this.

She tried so desperately to show how strong she was and she was successful.

She was the strongest person I knew.

"What would you like to do now?" I asked as we walked to the car. "I think I want a nap." Julia said as I nodded.

"We can go back to the cabin." I said and got in the car.

"I'd like that." Julia said with a smile. "Are you happy with your tattoos?" I asked as she nodded. "I'm so glad we did this. Thank you." She said then leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"You're welcome, sweetheart." I said then put my hand on her leg while I started driving back to the cabin.

I loved how simple things were with Julia. She didn't want to do anything too fancy and nothing was too simple.

It was adorable.

When we got back to the cabin we went into the bedroom.

"Will you cuddle with me?" Julia asked as I nodded. "Yeah, of course." I said and got into bed with her.

"Thanks for everything." Julia said quietly as she laid her head on my chest. "You're welcome sweetheart." I said and gently rubbed her side.

I listened to her breathing until she drifted off to sleep. I laid with her for a while before carefully getting out of bed.

I didn't want to leave her but I had to give Sam a call so I could check on the gang.

"Hey, man. How's your trip?" Sam asked as I walked around the living room.

"It's been fine. How are things there?" I asked with a sigh. "Tense. Ready for Monday?" Sam asked.

"Not at all. Scared shitless about it actually." I mumbled and paced the room.

"How did Jules respond to the news?" He asked as I twisted my earring. "She's strangely confident that things will be okay." I said causing him to laugh.

"She knows her father better than we do. Maybe things actually will be okay." Sam said as I shook my head.

"I have a bad feeling he's gonna take Julia away from us. I can't let that happen, man." I said as he sighed.

"Just trust her and explain to Quill what happened. I'm sure he'll be more understanding if Julia tells him." Sam explained as Julia walked into the room, rubbing her eye sleepily.