84

"Happy Birthday, Jule." Dad said as I stared at him in shock. "Wait." Colby said with wide eyes.

"Dad?" He asked as I kept my eyes locked on my father, my mind racing.

My entire life felt like a lie. The man who I knew as my father was actually a crime lord.

The most powerful man on the west coast.

"You look beautiful, Jule." Dad said then finally looked at Colby. "Mr. Brock, I'd like to speak with my daughter in private." He said as Colby stiffened slightly.

I could tell that he was feeling a million things. He was having an internal battle with himself.

He didn't want to leave my side, but he didn't want to cross 'Alexander Quill'.

After a second of silence he shook his head. "She doesn't go anywhere without me." He said with a false confidence that only I could see was fake.

"Colby, it's okay. He won't hurt me." I said and brought my hand to his cheek. "I'll be back." I said then looked at my dad.

"Come on, sweetie." He said and held his hand out to me. "Don't call me that." I seethed, glaring at him.

I could see some of his men cringing at how I was talking to him, but my dad didn't even flinch.

I glanced at Colby as I followed my dad. His face was pale and his eyes filled with worry. It looked like he was just given some of the craziest news.

It looked like he found out that my dad was the man that was more powerful than him.

I felt my heart ache at how scared he looked.

Dad and I walked through the crowd, until we got to an empty hallway.

He walked until he got to a door and opened it. "After you." He said then gestured for me to walk in.

"I know you probably have a lot of questions." Dad said as he closed the door.

"Yeah, let's start with how long has this been going on?" I asked and crossed my arms angrily.

"A long time. Since you were a baby." Dad said as he sighed.

"Why? Why would you put us in danger like that?  What about Jenna, Carter, Sam, and Juniper!? What about them!!" I yelled, getting more and more upset.

"They're CHILDREN, dad! You're putting them in danger so you can hold these crazy parties!?" I screamed, tears running down my cheeks now.

"Jule, listen-" He started. "No! You don't have the right to speak. Not after what you did." I interrupted.

"Juliana. ENOUGH. I know this is a shock but you speak to me with respect." He snapped angrily.

"I never put you guys in danger. Nobody but a few people know you even exist. That's why I go by a different name." He said as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"You and your siblings have always been safe. That is until Mr. Brock out there abducted you." He said as I shook my head.

"It was a misunderstanding." I said, my voice cracking. "Well, it doesn't matter. Your time with him is over." He said as I shook my head.

"No." I said causing him to raise his brows at me. He wasn't used to being told no.

"I used to think that Colby was a monster for taking me away from you guys. I thought that he was the thing that would ruin my life." I said and started to tremble.

"It turns out that it was you. YOU were the monster. You lied my entire life! You left me alone with the devil that is my mother." I seethed as he clenched his jaw slightly.