37

When we got back to the group, I kept my head down since I knew my lip was still bleeding.

"That was fast." Colby said as I nodded, keeping my face down.

"Hey." Colby said and put his fingers under my chin, lifting my face up.

When he saw my lip I saw anger flooding his system, his irises darkening.

"Who did this to you?" He asked and swiped the blood from the corner of my mouth, looking at it.

His face hardened as he looked at the sticky red substance plaguing his fingers.

"Julia. Who the fuck did this to you?" He asked calmly after I didn't answer. "Just some guy. He wanted to buy me a drink and I told him no and he was holding onto me and I didn't like it." I said as he nodded, watching me intensely.

"I pushed him away and he got angry." I said as his jaw clenched and he looked towards the bathroom.

"I just wanna go back to the room." I said with more dread than I was hoping for.

"Who was it?" Colby asked, ignoring me. "Please don't do this, Colby." I said, feeling the anxiety building up even more.

"Julia. Show me which man laid his hands on you." He said and put his hands on both sides of my face, looking into my eyes.

There was something dancing behind those deep blue eyes. Something dangerous but oh so exciting at the same time.

"Over by the bathroom." I said and pointed in the direction he was. Colby nodded then turned and started pushing through the crowd, pulling me along with him.

"There." I said and pointed to the guy, who was now dancing up on some other girl. "Stay here." He said then made his way over to the guy, his fist clenched tightly.

I watched as Colby walked up to him and swiftly pulled his shoulder, causing the guy to face him.

Colby didn't say anything. He just wound back and punched the guy as hard as he could, sending him to the ground.

As soon as the guy was down, he kicked him in the stomach then turned and walked back over to me.

"Come on, sweetheart." He said then took my hand and led the way back through the crowd without giving the guy even another look.

When we got back to the group he went over and whispered something in Sam's ear.

Sam looked up at me with concern in his eyes then nodded to Colby.

"Are we going back?" I asked as he came over and wrapped his arm around me, leading me out of the club.

"Yeah. You said you wanted to go back." He said as I nodded. "Thanks." He said as we walked down the road.

"Are we walking?" I asked as he nodded. "For a little while. I wanted to pick something up on the way." He said and held my hand tightly.

"You cold?" He asked as I shook my head. "No." I mumbled as he walked into a dispensary.

There were bongs and pipes lining with walls and the smell of stale weed infiltrated my nostrils.

I didn't say anything as Colby walked towards the counter. He ended up getting a couple blunts and even some edibles before we left again.

"That's what you wanted to stop for?" I asked as he nodded. "You need to loosen up a bit and you don't want to get drunk." He said with a shrug.

"I don't want to smoke weed either, Colby." I said as he called an Uber.

"You don't have to. Just thought it might help." He said as a black Escalade rolled up.

We got in the Uber then made our way back to the hotel. It was still pretty early on into the night so I wasn't sure what we were going to do.