126

Colby's POV

Sam stayed with me while I sat with Julia. I was grateful for him because he was somehow here with me while carrying the brunt of the gang in LA.

I knew that he was going to be a huge part of my decision for the future but I didn't know how. Everything just depended on how things went with Julia.

Right now Dr. Platt was in the room, checking on Julia.

"She hasn't been progressing much." Dr. Platt said as he checked Julia's vitals. "What does that mean?" I asked and gently rubbed her hand with my thumb.

"Well...it means that the coma isn't working how I was hoping it would." He explained. "Her lungs are very weak and this machine is essentially breathing for her." He said with a sigh.

"If her body doesn't start to cooperate then there's not much we can do." He said causing my heart to sink.

"How long before we know she's too forgone?" Sam asked quietly. "I'd say if she doesn't start progressing in a week..it's not going to happen." He said as I nodded.

"Can we take her home then? Get her helicoptered to LA?" I asked and looked up at him. "That's up to you, sir. You're in charge." He said as I nodded.

I couldn't get used to everyone here looking at me to make decisions.

I know I've been in charge of my own gang for a long ass time but this was a lot of pressure and stress.

"Is it safe to do that?" I asked as he shrugged. "As safe as it can be." He said as I nodded.

"That's what I want to do then. Get her back to LA and bring the kids." I said as Sam sighed.

"You're sure?" Sam asked as I nodded. "She should be around everyone. Maybe it will help." I said with a sigh and looked over at Julia.

"You're right." He said then clapped his hand on my back as the door opened.

"Hey, do you know where the kids are gonna be staying?" Corey asked as I shook my head.

"Have they eaten?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah, Jake is in there keeping them company." He explained. "Nice. I'll be there in a minute, then I'll decide what's best for them." I sad with a nod.

"Sounds good." Corey said then left.

"You're doing a good job, man." Sam said as Dr. Platt left the room. "It doesn't feel like it." I said and looked at Julia.

"Can you give me just a minute with her?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah, I'm gonna go meet the kids." He said then left the room.

"Hey, Jules." I said quietly and held her hand. "I need you to come back to me." I said quietly. "It's all my fucking fault that this is happening to you." I said as my eyes stung with tears.

"Why did you do that? Why did you jump in front of me, Jules?" I asked as a tear slipped down my cheek.

"Please just come back, we need you. I need you." I said and wiped my tears. "I love you." I said then kissed her hand.

"Your brothers and sisters are here. You just have to wake up to see them." I said quietly. "Please." I whispered then stood up.

I kissed her forehead then turned and left the room. "Can you sit in there with her? I have to check on the kids." I said to Jeremy.

"Yeah, of course." He said then went into Julia's room. I turned and went towards the hallway so I could go to the conference room.

When I walked into the room I was met with a crying baby and a little bit of chaos.