55

I hung up the phone then looked at it for a second.

Colby seemed off.

I knew he was in a stressful situation but he never called me while he was working. It was strange that he wanted to talk to me and make sure I was okay, but reassured me that I was safe.

It didn't make sense.

I sighed then looked around Colby's office, since that's where Nate brought me so I could talk to him in private.

I was almost never in here alone because Colby wouldn't usually allow that, or he would be in here with me.

I didn't feel the need to look around too much so I just stood up and left the room.

"Here." I said and handed Nate his phone. "Everything okay?" He asked as I shrugged. "Colby's been acting weird." I said as he nodded.

"Yeah, I thought it was weird he asked for you while being where he is." Nate said as we walked down the hallway.

"Where is he?"  I asked and looked up at him. "It's not my place to tell you, but it's a big deal." He said as I nodded.

"Are they in danger?" I asked as he shrugged. "I mean they're always in danger." He said then smiled reassuringly.

"I would try to not worry too much. They'll be back tomorrow." He said then patted my arm and walked away.

I nodded then went back into the room where the girls were.

"What did stage five clinger want?" Tara asked as I shrugged. "To say goodnight." I said as Kat pouted her lip out.

"That's cute!" She said as I got into bed again. "Told you guys. Stage five." Tara said as I laughed.

"He's new to a relationship guys! He's been single for five hundred years." Devyn said as Stas nodded.

"I think it's sweet." She said as I pulled the covers over my head.

"We're embarrassing her." Kat said as I laughed. "Yeah, go to bed." I said with a laugh. "Goodnight, Jules!" They all said at the same time.

"Goodnight." I said then closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep.

I had a bit of a hard time falling asleep since my mind was racing with scenarios of danger Colby and the guys could be in.

I knew that worrying would do nothing for the cause but I couldn't help it.

Eventually I fell asleep, my dreams being plagued with nightmares about Colby being killed and my family somehow getting involved.

I would wake up sweating and shaking, not being able to scream out of fear that the girls would wake up.

I hated to admit that I wanted Colby to be here. I wanted him to lull me back to sleep and give me the false security that I was okay.

Falling for him was dangerous and confusing.

It was something I didn't care to think about much. I knew at this point that I was in this game for the rest of my life.

If I was going to be stuck here I might as well try to enjoy it.

Once everyone was awake we did our usual activities for the day. We would have the guys get us some food, we'd watch a movie or try to plan the Halloween party that wasn't in existence yet.

I thought it was funny how sure they were about having this party.

It's almost as if they didn't really give a shit what Colby said or wanted. They were gonna do it anyways.