Part 18

The christmas break ended and I have returned back to school. Can't say I haven't changed while I have been out in the wild. For a horse with magic, many have tried hunting me down. Wizards and muggles alike but I ran off before I can be caught. 

"Mr. Potter, you seem exhausted and you have new look." Mr. Lovegood comments as we sit for the interview.

"Hm, I have been keeping fit and strong during the Christmas break." I don't go into details because It is unimportant. 

"Very well, shall we begin?" I nod and the quill is waiting. "Now let us begin with the amount of competitors there are."

"There have been four thousand when you began this competition. You removed half of that which amounts to two thousand when you did the first exam. Three-quarters were deducted afterward due to the letters you did not approve. That leaves fifteen hundred people left. It is already half the year has gone by and there are even mates you must choose. Do you think you will have the time?"

"I will due to now I will be meeting one and one with each person. The invitations have been sent and the date will be set afterward with the replies."

"Hm and anything particular we can know about where these meetings will take place?"

"Every meeting will be different and it shall be discussed between the competitor and I."

"Hmhm and what about these gifts that were given? Did you expect them?"

"No I did not and I wasn't aware of these talent shows and other things. Luckily my friends helped inform me about such things."

"And your views on being a show horse? Racing or talent shows?"

"I am not left out on being placed for the show considering the titles placed on me being the boy who lived and the savior to vanquish evil. I will say that is not my style. I don't seek attention or want to be shown as a prize. I am a human being just like everybody else and a creature all the same. Titles don't matter to me and they don't define me for who I am."

"True, true. When will you be doing the competition of mates?"

"February I will begin choosing a mate." 

"And any headers you would like to inform the suitors about?"

"Must be between the ages of sixteen and twenty-two."

"What about the mate you have claimed already? How does he or she play into this?"

"They are competing alongside the handlers and mates. Their test is harder due to me already knowing them."

"Some would believe it is not fair that you have already a mate and handler and yet you are going through other options. why is that?"

"When I got into my inheritance I was given a list of potential handlers and mates to choose from. I chose one due to my safety as was told to me but I did not know that person so I decided in putting them through tests. Someone though leaked about me needing a handler and mate not liking my chosen option so I create the test for everyone. Fair in every way. my chosen handler and mate is going through the same tests and judgment as everyone else. There are no favorites."

"Ah understandable. why do you not inform anyone, even your friends, about who your handler and mate is?"

"I keep it fair for everyone. If I say whether they are male or female then it would be showing favoritism over one side of the gender and that is not good sportsmanship."

"Of course. that makes sense. Now, what about this war? Some readers would like to know about your views and stance on the war." I know definitely who asked about that.

"I don't wish to comment on that."

"Very well, is there anything you can tell us about it?"

"As you wish, all I have to say is I will do what I choose to do when the time comes. Those that don't respect that is their own problem, not mine."

"Hm, very mysterious. Seems it is the end. Have a good day Mr. Potter. Next time we meet we shall discuss your mates." I shake his hand and nod.

Meetings one on one with the competitors are tiring but important. Some women in their letters were respectable but in person they are insane. I show Iron to them upon request and some pet and gush over her. It was very uncomfortable. The most painful meeting is this big older man that wanted to ride on me and I am glad I have magic. He needs to lose some pounds. 

The meeting with Tom arrives and I can't help but be nervous about it. The last time we spoke was Christmas and we ended it by arguing. I am meeting Tom in an alleyway and he will transport us elsewhere.

"Harry," I allow his hand to pet my muzzle. I neigh softly, I am guilty about the fight and I can't help but say I missed him. "Mind if I get on your back?"

"That is the first time someone asked politely to get on my back." He smiles and gets on before grabbing a bag hanging on the wall and we portkey to a beach.

"We are in Iceland." I notice the black sand and grey clouds. My kind of place I admit. I shift and put on my robe. We walk along the sand and silence fill the air.

"I'm sorry Tom." he looks at me. "I know you just wanted to know about what got my mind so busy but it still wasn't right."

"I know and I am sorry too. You deserve privacy due to being your own person. I guess I got so possessive of wanting to keep you with me forever that I forgot to think of how you would react. I am not used to this type of patience. Waiting to have you when you and I both know we are meant to be."

"Hm, I maybe overreacted but right now let us forge and forgive." I reach for his hand and he smiles accepting my hand. Or finger intertwined and we talk for the rest of the time caching up on things. Tom is now the owner of Borgin and Burkes along with keeping his job in the ministry.

"I do want to know what do you think of the war."

"I don't want a war. I do not want to see another person die due to a fued."

"Then I guess I got a lot of work to do." I gaze up at him and see he is serious. 

"What do you mean?"

"I am going to stop this war. No more dark versus light. If I have to remove the dark marks nd disappear off the face of the earth for you to be happy then I will. I am willing to do whatever for you Harry." My heart is glowing in love for this man.

"I would like that." He lets go of my hand and wraps his around my body. I wrap my own around his waist enjoying the embrace.

"Then it shall be done." He pulls away and we stare into each other eyes. For someone who cannot love he sure is loveable. He cups my face with his hands and lowers his lips to kiss me. I close my eyes and lay my hands on his wrists. "To eternity and back my love."

I open my eyes and find myself back in the alley and Tom gone. I lick my lips and feel claimed already. Lonely without him by my side and again I made a good decision. I will choose Tom Riddle as my handler and mate.