Part 21

"Iron, welcome home." Two horses greet me when I reach the end of the tunnel.

I allow Iron control and she bows to the two horses. The horses are brown Arabian and black Fresian. Iron straightens before stepping closer.

"I need assistance changing the fates of my mate and handler and I."

"Changing times is colossal power Iron. It might weaken you and leave your human defenseless." the deep Arabian voice speaks.

"I am aware and I assure you my human is not weak and defenseless. He is strong even without me." 

"That would still require the actions to be drastic. The payment is offensive." the Fresian is a female speaking calmly and motherly. I watch the Arabian turn and his underparts grow. What is going on?

"For a change of fate, I will pay gladly."

'Iron, what is happening?' I ask her getting alarmed when she walks forward.

'Close your eyes and keep calm. trust me.' I close my eyes and hold them tight.

I am glad Iron told me to close my eyes because I wouldn't say I like sucking a horse off. Magic surges down our throats and fills our entire bodies. When Iron tells me to open my eyes, we are glowing like the sun and Tom is standing beside us.

"Use our power wisely Iron for it shall not be shared again." the Arabian and Fresian call to us.

"Ready?" Iron asks Tom. He nods and gets on our back. 

The cave disappears as the glow grows stronger. Soon all that can be seen is white light around us. I cry when our hearts are hit with a dagger and pins and needles stab all over us. My vision is taken by the light and I rear my head back crying out.

Silence.

Warmth and darkness greet me. Blinking nothing changes. glancing back, Tom is waking up as well. I walk forward trying to find some light before the floor gives in and we fall down. 

"Harry!" I cry to Tom who is falling beside me. He reaches for me but some unknown force keeps us apart. I glance down to check where we are falling and screaming. The winter floor is approaching us.

"Ah Iron, where did you go?" I cry when my horse form disappears. I am still wearing clothes, thank god.

"Tom try and grab onto me." We reach but the force keeps us apart. I use my magic and he finally latches on. He holds his arms around my neck tightly. "Keep holding on Tom."

"No way am I letting go, Harry," Tom shouts at me before uttering three amazing words. "I love you!"

"I love you too." the ground is approaching fast. I turn and place my arms around his waist tucking his head underneath mine. We hold each other and close our eyes. This is it, the end for us and we had yet to mate.

One minute. Then two. Then three go by and we feel nothing. 

Opening one eye  I glance around. We are in Diagon Alley and twisting my head to look down, we are levitating an inch off the ground. Sighing, I grunt when I land on the ground with Tom's weight on me. No magic keeping me afloat. Looking at Tom, the tear down his face softens my worried gaze.

"Tom, you can open your eyes. We are alive." I grin watching Tom look around and his heartbeat on top of mine calms down.

"We are alive. Yes." he tightens his hold on me and we laugh.

Standing afterward, we look around. Nobody is around and the shops are closed. It looked abandoned. Walking to the Daily Prophet I read the headlights.

"War has come to an end. Minister Tom Riddle and his mate and mare Harry Potter are still missing. Albus Dumbledore has been arrested for the creation of illegal magical lassos to control Harry Potter. Minerva McGonagall is now headmistress of Hogwarts. Many death eaters are now free but await for Harry Potter to help get rid of the dark mark..." I gawk at Tom surprised.

"Iron is getting a bowl of ice cubes for Christmas and an apple." I laugh at Tom.

"She will appreciate it. I just wonder when she will return." I frown not wanting her to be gone. She still is inside me but faint, a small nag in my head that is almost like an itch I can't satisfy.

"She is just resting from using that powerful magic. she will come around. For now, let us head to the ministry and sort some things out." I accept Tom's blended arm and we apparate to the ministry. 

"Minister Riddle! Welcome back. We were so worried about you. Where did you go?" Thousand of questions attack us when we appear in the ministry.

"Calm yourselves. My mate and I have just gone out to do something. Everything is fine." Tom immediately takes on the role of a leader.

"Mr. Riddle," We turn and find Hermione in a white shirt with a black jacket on and a long skirt with black heels. "Please follow me to your office. There are things that need your attention."

Hermione is Tom's assistant!? Tom and I head to his office being led by Hermione. She looks to be the same but I am unsure of what really went on with this new reality. Entering the minister's office-i mean Tom's office, Hermione closes the door before facing us.

"Luna Lovegood received a vision just an hour ago about what happened with you two. She informed me of it and now I must ask what you boys were thinking." there is the Hermione I know.

"Luna got a vision?" I ask confused. "Hermionemind telling us first what happened with Dumbledore and why Tom is a minister."

"Luna informed me of this as well. When you announced to the entire wizarding world who you chose as a handler and mate, Harry, the minister arrested Dumbledore finding the link between him and the now illegal lassos. The minister gave up his position and handed it to you, Mr. Riddle. It has been five years already since you became a minister. McGonagall became the headmistress of Hogwarts and even referred me and a few others to begin our jobs early with your permission. That is why I am here as your assistant." Hermione explains.

"Anything else we need to know," Tom asks sitting in his chair hiding his pride.

"yes, the death eaters still await for you to remove the dark mark with my fiance Draco." What!?

"Fiance? Draco Malfoy." Hermione sighs as I stare at her surprised.

"Yes, Draco was the first person you used your potion to remove the dark mark. Mr. Riddle may have cut the link with his followers but the mark only faded. It takes your potion to remove it fully. Draco would have been able to do it himself if only you gave him the potion before you just disappeared." 

"I don't even know where I even put the potion. Last I remember it was in the chamber of secrets at Hogwarts." I tell her.

"No, it isn't. You told us you moved the potion to your family estate, the Potter estate." My family owns an estate.

"This is a lot to process."

"Luna suggested for you drink some chamomile to calm your brain." Dobby appears to set down a tray with the drinks.

"Welcome back master Riddle and master Harry Potter." Master!? I am not even going to say anything. Must not alter a lot of this new life.

"Thank you, Dobby." He smiles nodding and leaves.

"I notice the huge stack of papers here. How long have we been gone Ms..."

"Granger. Soon it will be Mrs. Malfoy." Draco and Hermione seriously are in love. Wow!

"Uh, what about Ron? what happened to him?" Hermione's smile dims to a frown.

"He left when you revealed who your handler is. He went to Egypt the last the twins told me. He is just traveling around for now. Broke Molly's heart." 

"Sorry."

"It is okay. I understand due to Luna informing me of all this and even showing me her vision of the past lives you guys came from. I have some meetings to go to but I will come back to update you more about the new wizarding world and your responsibilities." 

"Thank you." Hermione nods walking off and leaving Tom and me in the office. "Suppose we need to talk." 

"You think?!" I exclaimed looking at him.