Part 14

After battling a ferocious dragon and nearly being eaten due to it smelling my scent of being a horse, I have an egg that screeches like a banshee or even worse. I now am laying on the couch with the egg on my stomach staring into the fire. It has been three weeks and I gave the interviews a lot of info. The Quibbler is more famous than the daily prophet and Skeeter was fired due to lying. Hermione also found out Skeeter is an illegal animagus which didn't make her journey easy.

Ron hasn't apologized yet but that is fine due to now handling more of the popularity with the team backing me up. Now everyone knows of my favorite colors and if I like saddles and bridles on me. Also asked about braids which made me chuckle. Luna sure loves helping her father acquire fans. The mail the following morning carried with packages of certain bridles and even collars. I figured it was due to the students informing the parents here at Hogwarts because I did not mention the collar thing in the interview.

I also made it be announced that due to the preferences beginning to grow specific, I am going to have a day at a certain location where handlers will come forth to those I haven't disqualified and fill in a questionnaire that is a pass or fail. My mates will be near the end of the year due to so many adults wanting to be handling me.

"Who will be with you at this meeting?" Hermione asks at dinner poking her soup with her spoon.

"The twins along with Moody since he has been looking out for me most of the school. There are some other people who I privately invited for some aid in protecting."

"What questions will you give them?"

"That is not going to be discussed with people leaning in for a preview." Hermione looks at me to see many people turning their ears to us. I did not need to see the frown on Hermione's face telling me I am right.

"Sorry. I hope you are easy on them." I scoff.

"If I was easy then this will take longer than a year. My due date for getting a new handler is by the end of the year. If there are still lots of handlers demanding me then the competition will stop and I remain with my present handler and mate."

"Is your supposed handler and mate among the competitors?"

"Yes, they are."

"Why did you say they if it is the same person?"

"If I say a specific gender then they will be picky and I am aware of other people scurrying for my supposed already chosen handler that is so mysterious." Hermione seems to know what I am talking about so she shuts up and eats.

"I am surprised Malfoy isn't bothering you." She says looking past my shoulder.

"I made it crystal clear along with my handler and mate. They weren't too happy with the constant pestering so his family is dealt with."

"So you communicate with this person. How?"

"None of your concern Hermione." My drop-it tone shut her up and the conversation ends.

"Figured yet what the second task is?"

"Not yet." I may have to ask Tom about it. See if he has any ideas. "I am done anyway so I will go for some early rest."

I walk off and the twins follow especially when Draco started to stand. A stare at him and he backs down sitting and remaining in his seat. Oh yes, it is crystal clear that if he so much as tries to come near me, his father will surely get cruio'd again in the dungeons where Tom has him. Lucius that is at the ministry is Tom faking to be him and gain a spot in the ministry.

'Hey Tom, how are you?'

'Exhausted with the talk about you and the handlers and mates you will choose. I can understand how tired you must be.'