Part 12

"Mr. Lovegood, how are you?" I sneak into the great hall and sit in front of Mr. Lovegood.

"I am quite well Harry. May I call you that?"

"Yes, you may." He nods and bewitches a quill to write the conversation.

"I swear to speak the truth and write only the truth." The quill glows red before we begin.

"Just to say before we begin I am not going to compete in this handler situation. Nor mate since I already have a love of my life."

"Reassuring."

"Now, firstly why do you keep mentioning you have a handler and mate but don't say who it is."

"At first it was because my handler was unavailable but now it is due to my handler not wishing to be known. My handler and mate are both the same person which is why I didn't say who it is."

"When you say unavailable what do you mean?"

"I don't wish to comment on that." He nods before asking another question.

"So now onto preferences. So, to set the record straight, how old are you? You are male of course due to seeing you in person and what are your thoughts on having a handler."

"I am fourteen years old and yes I am male but just for people to understand why I need a mate is because my horse creature I inherited is female. Having a handler is part of my domestic creature inheritance as it is a must being so rare and at first, I found it odd but then grew to understand why."

"And what do you understand?"

"Being a rare creature is as it is, rare. Even muggles as I have experienced would love to buy and sell me just for money and I wish that it were not the case for wizardkind."

"Oh, what happened with the muggles?" He leans in his seat surprised.

"my mother's relatives which I wish to remain anonymous were muggles and when I inherited my creature they searched up my breed and found it is expensive to own me but also can get a lot of money by selling me so they did just that. They sold me to some equestrian ranch where my uncle received one million dollars for the trade. I ran off when I had the chance and only then did I receive intel of what I was and why my muggle relatives sold me."

"Merlin's beard, that must have been frightening and how dare those muggles to do that to you. I am also surprised about you living with muggles. Everyone believed you to be living with wizards."

"That is false. Since birth, I was being taken care of by muggles."

"Hm that is interesting and now onto your preferences. What are your interests in a handler if you were to choose one?"

I think hard on that one and then recall what my choices would be. I finish the toast before speaking.

"A handler would have to understand I am a wizard as well as my horse form. I do not want any handler to force me and keep me in my horse form. It has to be my decision and a respectable discussion and permission from me to shift from either form. I will never accept a handler that will be abusive toward me."

"Is that why you have red chain marks around your neck? Who did that?"

"I wish to not say not wanting to remember at all the abuse that was inflicted on me. They were wizards who paid for a magical chain to control me. Shock me and burn me to make me behave in their image. I do not want that ever to happen. Any handler thinking of putting anything that will burn me or make me feel pain will be immediately disqualified from this competition."

"Understandable. Seeing as we are out of time, we will meet another day next week for more information. Good day, Mr. Potter."

I nod and shake his hand before remaining sitting when students begin entering the hall for breakfast. I have another drink of pumpkin juice with the gold rim on it to indicate it is safe. Dobby bought a special goblet granted by Tom for me to drink. It is my very own goblet that I hold among the other things in the collar around my neck.