Part 20

I don't have much difficulty finding him. I pause and observe the ministry and his Aurors pointing their wands at Tom. Neighing, I charge and blast the minister and his friends back. Tom steps back surprised to see me.

"Harry, what are you doing here?" He asks.

"I read that they were tracking you. I am not going to let them get you. You are mine." that sounded kinda possessive but I hardly care. "I choose you Tom as my handler and mate. The competition is over. It is you I choose."

"Potter finish him." I look at the minister on his feet. "Do what you were trained for and end him."

"No, Tom is my mate and handler. He is not going to die and this war is finished. End it now minister, don't make anyone else lose their lives in this stupid battle."

"He is a dark wizard Potter. Dumbledore would be so disappointed and I see that monster has corrupted you."

"Then you really are as stupid as the old man. Get on my back Tom, we are leaving." He gets on and I run off. Stunning spells skim my tail but did not get a chance to latch on.

"Where are we going to go?" Tom asks holding two handfuls of my mane.

'I have a place. let me take over.' Iron speaks in my mind. I let her take over and my horse form grows two inches bigger.

Iron speed increases and our pursuers multiply behind us. Even the order is chasing us on the brooms. Iron takes a sharp right into the woods and uses the shadows to her advantage. Shadow jumping left to right before going through one last shadow to escape our pursuers.

'Where are we?' i ask her now back in control.

'Himalayas. There is a cave down the hill that will help us.'

"Why did you bring us here Harry?" Tom asks summoning a heavy cloak on to keep him warm.

"Iron tells me there is a cave down this hill that will help us. I sure hope so." I trudge through the snow, the cold bites my neck and chest as I dig through. 

Almost sliding in deep with the soft snow, my hooves finally get a nice ground to walk on. We entered the cave just before the wind picks up and a storm blows. Tom gets off my back and I remain in my horse form finding more warmth that way. 

"Whose there?" I flinch and take a step back. Tom advances to block me halfway from the person that spoke.

"Tom Riddle and Harry Potter," I announce to the voice.

Clomping of hooves echoes in our ears and soon I can see a figure. Something white when it walks under some light from above. A white and grey Mangalarga Marchador emerges from the shadows. 

'A light horse.' iron comments.

'what is a light horse?' i ask.

'It is the opposite of a dark horse like me. We jump mainly through shadows but he can jump through light.'

"You are quite young, mare." He sounds older than he looks. Pale moon eyes gaze at us and I gasp. Is he blind or is that just his eye color?

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I am Mangalar White. A dark horse like you shouldn't be here unless it is an emergency. It is also dangerous bringing your mate and handler."

"We are sorry, Iron, my mare, told me where to go. She led us here and say you can help us," I explain walking to stand beside Tom. He still is tense and quiet. "Relax Tom, he won't bite."

"You are right. I mean no harm. A light horse cannot harm anyone. Iron is right, this cave is the birthplace of rare horse purebreds like us. It takes a lot of its core magic for us to be created and its walls decide wisely who gets a purebred creature horse."

"What do you mean?" Tom finally asks.

"Come with me. I will take you deeper so you won't be so cold." The horse turns and leads us further in. The rough and cold rock changes to matted moss and dry grass. A nice fire is going and I quickly notice the figure wrapped in black bear fur.

"Who is that?" Tom asks pointing to the figure with his wand.

"This is my handler. My mate is out finding some food. I also informed him that we have added company."

"You have two people as handler and mate," I say lying down still in my horse form.

"Aye, love is a powerful thing and brings people together more than war or differences can divide. So, what it is you need help with." The old horse lies down across from us.

"The wizarding world doesn't exactly like Tom and I being mates and handlers. They expected something different. Now, we are being tracked."

"That is a toughy. Especially when the prophecies have already decided your fates."

"you know who we are then."

"Aye, I have heard of you from my mate and handler that go to Hogwarts. They left when they heard about you Harry beginning a competition for a handler and mate. That was not so smart for a youngling like you."

"How old are you?" I snort at Tom.

"I am 1126 years old." I rear my head back.

"How is that possible? Humans can't live that long unless they were immortal."

"Aye, you see, this cave magic is eternal meaning the mare that you inherit is immortal leaving you to be immortal yourself. Your handler and mate will also live alongside you once you have mated with them. The mating is crucial for survival in this big old world." the texas accent and soft thrumming of his voice calm me instantly. He certainly is wise.

"Can you help us then?" I glance to the entrance hearing boots stomping on the rock.

"I do not have the power but this cave does. Down that tunnel right at the end is where you can ask for help. You must be pure of heart and strong in order to survive the cave's magic. Your mare can hold on for so long but it is both of you combined to withstand its power." We look at the tunnel lit up with glowing crystals above.

"Your mate and handler have to remain here." Mangalar's handler walks in with a huge pile of food levitating behind him.

"I am not leaving Harry." tom places an arm around me.

"You must in order to get the help you need. You must have faith in Harry. He has the right questions to ask and he holds love in his heart that the cave will accept him. Someone with no love will be rejected by the cave's magic." The handler speaks sitting beside the sleeping figure.

"Tom, I will be alright. I have handled a lot of hell in my life. Trust me, I will be fine." I get up ready to go down that tunnel.

"Harry, I don't know if this is a good idea. I do trust you it is just this unknown powerful magic."

I look at him seeing the uncertainty in his eyes. He is worried and afraid, he thought he got everything under control but it all just been swept under him leaving his hands empty f his cards. He never kept an ace up his sleeve.

"Relax Tom. I will be back before you know it." I nuzzle my muzzle beside his face and he welcomes the comfort.

"Best go now." I nod and head down the tunnel. I can do this, this is for Tom and our freedom, our forever after.