I couldn't wait until I was fully healed so I could actually join in on the fun.

We ended up watching them bake for a long time before Sam got bored and wanted to show me his room.

"Let me get someone to help me." I said as Kat took Juniper from me. I tried to stand up since I had been resting for long enough to be strong enough.

"I'll get Corey." Devyn said then left the room. "Jule, why can't you walk?" Sam asked innocently. "I got really hurt. I'm getting better though." I said with a smile.

"How did you get hurt?" He asked as I frowned. "I'll tell you later, I don't like to talk about it." I said as Devyn and Corey came back into the room.

"Your ride is here." Corey said with a laugh then lifted me up. "Thank you. Thank you." I said then looked at Sam.

"Lead the way." I said causing him to laugh and lead the way to his room.

We ended up going through the house, looking at all of the the kids' rooms.

I thought it was adorable that Colby made sure they were comfortable.

It warmed my heart how much he cared about them even though kids weren't something he was used to.

By the time we were done touring the rooms, it was time to put the kids to bed. I got them all situated, making sure to take care of them.

I got Sam and Juniper in bed, but let Carter and Jenna do their own thing.

They were at the age where they wanted to be independent and I was going to let them do that.

"Alright, we can go back to my room then I'll stay put." I said to Corey.

"Honestly, this is kinda fun." He said with a laugh. "Yeah, carrying me around is fun." I said sarcastically.

"Yeah, you deserve it for being a literal badass." He said causing me to laugh. "All I did was get shot." I said then shrugged.

"No, you took a bullet for someone, that's badass and always will be." He said then set me on my bed.

"Need anything?" He asked as I scrunched my face in pain. "A pain pill." I said, knowing he wouldn't give it to me.

"I wish. You'll get through this, Jules. Colby will be home soon." He said then smiled reassuringly at me.

"Thanks, Corey." I said and watched as he led the room.

Once he was gone I laid back, trying to not cry from the pain I was feeling.

I was glad to be home but I wanted to be able to live without any pain.

It had been so long since I was fully relaxed.

I laid there for a while before the door opened and Colby came in. "Hey, Jules." He said and came over to kiss me.

"Hey." I said with a small smile. "How are you feeling?" He asked and got in bed, pulling me into him.

"Hurting, but happy to be home." I said and rested my head on his chest. "I bet." He said then yawned.

"I've missed you." I said quietly, listening to his heartbeat. "I know, I'm sorry." He said with a sigh.

I could tell something was bothering him. "What's going on?" I asked and sat up. "It's nothing, Jules. Don't worry about it." He said as I shook my head.

"I'm worried about it. Please just tell me what's going on." I said with a frown.

"I'm just not gonna be around much. There are things that are happening and I can't be here." He said as I nodded.

"I get that. I'll miss you, but I understand. I wish there was something I could do to help." I said as he pulled me back into his chest.

He didn't speak, just held me and scratched my back.

It was killing me that he was so stressed out because he didn't deserve that.

I knew that I made his life much more stressful since I was injured and I was the reason my dad was dead now.

I still didn't understand what was going on with all of that but I assumed that when it was figured out, Colby would tell me about it.

It was probably a messy and confusing situation.

Colby and I laid with each other, silently just enjoying each others company. He held me tightly, as if I was going to slip away from him.

"Is it dangerous being here..and having the kids here?" I asked as he shook his head. "No, sweetheart." Colby said quietly.

"Then why are you acting like I'm going to get taken away." I said causing him to chuckle.

"Sorry, didn't mean to. I guess you almost dying took a toll on me." He said and loosened his grip slightly.

"Sorry about that." I said as he shook his head.

"I guess it just showed me a lot. I can't take anything for granted. One day you won't be able to be here with me or vice versa. I guess I need to just appreciate the time we have." He said then kissed my head.

Those words hung in the air as my mind raced. Colby was right that with the life we were in things could get messy in an instant.

Our time together was so valuable and I needed to appreciate it.