Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

'I don't want you hurt.' Jaxon quietly said under his breath but I picked up on them and my heart melted as I looked into his softening eyes. He lent forwards and pressed his lips onto mine, the kiss lingering taking my breath away and showing a rare moment of the heart to heart with Jaxon.

'Thank you,' he replied just as softly under his breath and involuntary a small smile took over my lips.

***

'The boss man lives in Malara.' Daniel stated seriously as I sat with my back leaning against the bench in our shared caravan, Jaxon right next to me. I glanced over at him to see his reaction from the information but his eyes stayed hard and focused on Daniel as he continued sharing his obtained knowledge from the government building after day one at his new job.

'I don't have a name for this boss but I heard a few men and woman talking about the boss not being able to make it in today. The government knows of seizing of Olivia's village because one woman was out of the village at the time you guys attacked. Somehow she made it to Malara where she went straight to the government to tell them everything. They rid her off as crazy for believing in magic but really they knew what was going on.'

Everyone which consisted of Matt, Tom, Jarred, Jaxon and myself nodded their heads as we took in the new information.

'I used the hearing spell to listen into a meeting that was happening in the main offices.' Daniel informed us. 'Sat in a fucking broom closet for hours,' he muttered with a shake of his head, frustration clearly lacing his voice. Any other time I would have laughed but the information was important. I did however furrow my eyebrows slightly amazed that they had the capabilities to create a spell to enhance their hearing, something many people in the world would love.

'They were taking about um, Ben.' He lowered his voice as his eyes softened as they looked at me, sympathy filling them as he cautiously took in my reaction. I sucked in a sharp breath, the stabbing pain consuming in my chest but I tried to keep a straight face and not think of the details about what happened on the horrible days. Up until now I had pushed it to the back of my mind in hopes to forget it but I wasn't successful. Constant reminders of the sinful day constantly played through my mind, especially at night when my thoughts consumed me when I slept. The harshness we call reality is always lingering in the back of my mind making me suffer but I tried my very best to not let it affect me, although I'm not always successful it sure does make a difference.

Jaxon's hand was placed on my shoulder as he made small circles on the exposed skin and I took a shaky breath in, now feeling uncomfortable as I felt everyone's eyes on me. 'And?' I muttered out, wanting the focus directed off me.

'They ordered it. There was shouting and they asked stuff like how did she respond, Jaxon will make his move for revenge soon, stuff all like that. They're expecting an attack but not still for about a month or so. They also know you left the village leaving no trace of yourself and have yet to get a lead on you from what I heard.' Daniel said.

My mind clicked finally of why Josh was so pissed off when he said he didn't know where Jaxon and his men had gone to. They really had no clue where he was and obviously this was a huge advantage to us. Jaxon and I shared a knowing look from his mind linking the facts together as well.