Stay With Me P.116 (Hyuckdery)💖

Start from the beginning

>>>>>

Days turned into weeks, and Donghyuck couldn't shake the feeling that time was slipping away. He watched as Hendery's talents blossomed, and his name was announced as part of the new NCT subunit, WayV. The pride he felt for his friend was undeniable, but it was tinged with a sense of longing. It was during the NCT 2020 Resonance era, when members from various NCT units came together for a mega-collaboration, that Donghyuck finally worked up the courage to have a heart-to-heart with Hendery. The two of them found a rare moment of privacy backstage, away from the bustling chaos of rehearsals.

Donghyuck fidgeted with the hem of his shirt, his heart pounding in his chest. He had rehearsed this conversation a thousand times in his head, but now that the moment was here, his words seemed to have abandoned him.

Hendery noticed Donghyuck's nervousness and offered a warm smile. "Hey, what's on your mind, Hyuck?"

Donghyuck took a deep breath, meeting Hendery's gaze. "Hendery, there's something I've been wanting to tell you."

Hendery tilted his head, his curiosity piqued. "Go ahead, you can tell me anything."

Donghyuck's cheeks flushed, but he powered through. "I... I think I have feelings for you, Hendery. More than just friendship."

Hendery's eyes widened in surprise, but there was no hint of judgment in his expression. "Oh, Hyuck..."

Donghyuck rushed to continue, not wanting to leave any room for misunderstanding. "I know it's probably out of the blue, and I'm sorry if this makes things weird between us, but I couldn't keep it to myself anymore."

Hendery's smile returned, and it was filled with a warmth that made Donghyuck's heart skip a beat. "Hyuck, you don't have to apologize. I... I actually have feelings for you too."

Donghyuck's eyes widened in disbelief. "You do?"

Hendery nodded, his cheeks tinged with a hint of pink. "Yeah, I do. I've been feeling the same way for a while now, but I didn't want to say anything because I was afraid of ruining our friendship."

Donghyuck couldn't contain his joy any longer. He launched himself at Hendery, wrapping his arms around him in a tight hug. "I can't believe this! I thought I was the only one feeling like this."

Hendery returned the hug, their laughter filling the backstage area. "No, you're not alone, Hyuck."

>>>>>

From that moment on, Donghyuck and Hendery's relationship took on a new dimension. They started dating, their affection for each other growing stronger with each passing day. Their fellow NCT members were overjoyed for them, having witnessed the evolution of their friendship into a beautiful romance. As the Resonance era continued, Donghyuck and Hendery found themselves spending more and more time together. They would steal moments of quiet amidst the chaos of their schedules, finding solace in each other's company.