Chapter 40

The sun spilling in through the cracks of his curtains made him wince when he tried to open his eyes. It also wasn't helping with the unpleasant pounding in his head.

That was what he got for playing such a stupid game with people whose designated hangout was a bar.

Sasuke rubbed his temples for a moment, wanting nothing more than to sleep for another few hours. If it weren't for his assigned mission, he gladly would've. Instead, he only allowed himself to lay there while trying to soothe his headache for a little longer.

He needed to get up.

However, wanting to give himself some more time, he didn't move...until he suddenly felt someone shift beside him.

Sasuke snapped his eyes open, a frown instantly set on his face before forcing himself to sit up. He then turned toward his visitor, and when his eyes landed on the naked girl on his bed beside him, he fell back into bed and rubbed his face in frustration.

"Fuck," he cursed under his breath.

Many things were wrong, yet he was only focused on two. One being, he never brought a random girl home because then there was no way to escape. Another being, the girl beside him wasn't just some random girl. The latter was of course the main one he was worried about.

Slipping out of bed, Sasuke buttoned up his pants and stared down at the girl unsure what to do other than cover her up with his sheets. He didn't know whether to wake her up or sneak out. If he left her, he had an excuse to tell her—his mission. Yet his feet remained rooted in place.

Thankfully—or not, he didn't know—Tenten soon began to slowly wake up. She groaned at the pain he was sure was pulsing through her skull, then she slowly lifted herself up trying her best to blink her eyes awake.

The moment her gaze landed on the shirtless raven, her eyes widened and her body froze. Memories of what they'd done hours earlier surfaced in their thoughts while they silently stared at each other.

Then awkwardness set in.

"I..." Tenten shifted her gaze anywhere else but his. "I'm real sorry."

Sasuke turned away without answering her, rummaging through one of his drawers.

Though she was the one who crawled into his bed and started it, he was also equally to blame for what'd happened.

"Uh, did I..."

He side-glanced her, waiting for her hesitant self to continue.

"Did I say anything...weird to you last night?"

Sasuke recalled the few times she'd moaned her fallen teammate's name, and by the way she sat there looking embarrassed, he could only assume it wasn't the first time she'd done it.

She had cried in his arms afterward while telling him how much she missed him. However, 'him' wasn't actually the raven. It was Neji.

"No," Sasuke lied.

After handing her some clothes, Sasuke stepped out of the room to get them water. He didn't return until he was sure she was dressed and ready to accept the drink.

"You don't have a different shirt?" Tenten asked as she eyed the bleach spots on the side of the t-shirt she put on.

The raven's grey sweatpants were baggy on her as well as the black t-shirt that she could wear as a short dress. She somehow looked smaller in them.

"Yeah, if you want to do the walk of shame with my clan symbol on your back." Sasuke drawled. "The shirt's clean, that's all that matters."

"Anyway," he started again, "about what we did..."