18

Saturday morning
Delhi, India
The serene flowers on the balcony were just as vibrant and happy as Zoya and Aryaan. The gentle morning breeze blew them gently, and they jigged.

They were still in bed, fast asleep, with him snuggling up peacefully with her. Their faces shone with benignity and happiness. As the alarm on the table exploded with a loud buzz, it awakened him, who immediately yawned while rising to switch it off. After he stretched out his arms and pulled away from her, a wide grin appeared on his lips as he admired his beautiful wife, who was snoring pleasantly from tiredness.

He leaned forward and placed a slow and loving peck on her forehead before he got out of bed to get ready to visit the mosque, which his family does every Saturday.

••••

Zoya's hand searched the other side of the bed, and when she didn't feel anyone, she opened her eyes, and they roamed around the empty room.

"Aryaan!" she called out with worry.

"Um,"

After she heard his response from the bathroom, she became relaxed and exhaled a breath, and then she closed her eyes again. While waiting for him, she fell asleep again, but shortly after, he woke her up when she felt hot air against her cheek. As she locked gazes with him—he was before her, seated on the bed—she smiled brightly at him.

"Good morning," he greeted her first.

"Good morning," she returned with her smile, but soon she froze and gasped when he unexpectedly pulled her on his lap and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Wh..." she started to stammer while he cut in.

"I'm going to the mosque. You stay here and rest. I'll return before 8. Mum also said she'd send breakfast, so I'll come back with it." He said that, and just as she wanted to respond, he leaned in and kissed her lips. She didn't expect that so early in the morning; nonetheless, she kissed him back, and his hands around her waist got tighter, pulling her to get even closer to him. Kissing her has become his favourite passion, and he had promised himself he'd do that every morning and at every opportunity he got. His hands got even tighter when he started to go deeper with his kiss, pressing his body against hers. At that moment, she almost forgot what she had wanted to tell him. And on the other hand, kissing her was driving him crazy, and he yearned for more of it. His hands started to wander to her thighs, and he grabbed them. Both their heartbeats increased, especially hers, as she started to sweat again, becoming wet inside, when his hands started to go even lower.

"Aryaan," she panted and pulled back from his kiss, trying to get down from his lap, but he instead tightened his hands around her.

"I know, time. I'm aware, but I'd like to spend a few more minutes with you. I'm not that late, so don't worry."

Her heart was beating rapidly, even after she tried to calm her nerves by breathing normally.

She still couldn't meet his gaze from shyness, and as she breathed and released a soft moan when he kissed her neck, she whispered, "I also want to follow you. I'm upset with your father, not with your family's customs. I'll go with you. Give me twenty minutes to get ready." Her fingers dug into his skin, and yet again, she moaned as he tried to mark her.

••••

After they arrived at the mosque, Aryaan peeked at her, because she had been quiet, which was very unusual of her since they left home.

"You still owe me the finish of this morning when we return." He tried to get her to speak, but all she did was turn red and remain quiet.

"I hope you've peed enough to avoid history repeating itself."

She looked at him unhappily for bringing up the topic again before they appeared before his mother, who was speaking to the sage alone.

"Mother,"

A wide and beautiful smile spread on her face when she saw him.

"My son! We were discussing you." She stretched her hand out to him, which he held, and sat down, while Zoya sat beside him.

"Where are...." Zoya wanted to inquire about the family that was not present, but his mom looked at Aryaan, who also wanted to know where they were, and she told him,

"Your father's condition is the same as when you left yesterday. I asked Sanam and Ahil to stay back and take care of him."

"Is Uncle sick?"

"Sorry for the delay, Sage. Please continue." She ignored Zoya and her question.

"He is sick, but he'll be better soon."

Her eyes met the sage's, who answered her question. She forced a short smile at him, and then he resumed what he was discussing earlier.

"Aryaan, we were talking about your future."

Zoya started to follow, but lost focus midway and, rather, just watched his lips sync. A greeting from behind them summoned their attention because all of them turned together.

"Azaan, you're here?" Aryaan said to the man whom he recognised who was with a lady.

"Yes, to meet the sage. We're here for the first time."

Zoya's eyes moved to the curvaceous woman, who was equally beautiful and who was beside him, and the woman matched her gaze.

"Aunt, good morning." As the man continued to speak, Zoya couldn't discern why the woman kept staring at her, so she asked Aryaan in a whisper,

"Who are they?" Her eyes still didn't break contact with the lady, who was also not ready to look away first.

"He's the friend I visited last night."

"Azaan, she is my wife, Zoya!" She felt a creaky knot when his hand unexpectedly slid to her waist as he pulled her a bit closer to him while introducing her.

The man gave her a good and long stare before responding with his usual and everyday tone. "Congratulations on your wedding. I couldn't attend, but I'll surely make up for it soon."

She smiled and again asked Aryaan in another whisper,

"What about the woman? His wife?"

"No, his sister. She's the patient I'm treating."

Her eyes slightly expanded; this time, she scanned her, observing each and every detail about her. However, the more she watched, the more it pained her that a beautiful woman like her stayed alone with her husband.

"Are you okay?" he questioned because he knew her worked-up face.

"I'm not okay." She was indeed burning with envy and anger, and even in her voice, it was evident, until she brought it down to a whisper. "I mean, sick. Let's finish and leave quickly."

"Since you know each other, sit down."

The man found a place on the mat and sat while the woman remained standing after the sage asked them to.

"Zarah, please sit," the man said, making space for her.

"Zarah?" The name repeated itself in her head, and then it snapped. She looked at her again—the woman who bailed out her uncle.

"Like I was saying, politics will be very lucky for you, Aryaan. The more you get into it, the more success you'll attain."

"Wow, bro, politics." The man gaily said and shook his hand, while Aryaan remained unsure.

"I'm impressed. The best party you can join is ours. We'll make you the head in this upcoming election."

"From a friend to a psychiatrist, and now he's trying to make him part of the business. What an opportunist this man is." Somehow, Zoya heard what the lady murmured.

"No. I've never been interested in politics."

"If the sage is asking you to join, join. He must have seen the future. If you're not interested, make yourself be." His mom explained and talked him through, which convinced him in the end.

"So, we're here to check my sister's future, sir." The man spoke after some moments of silence passed. The sage looked at her palm carefully, then replied,

"She'll be good. She is a healthy soul; even though there will be a lot of ups and downs in her life, but, she will manage them. She's a strong woman."

"What type of ups and downs?"

Zoya's eyes closed, and she fumed more as she heard her speak. Her voice was also sweet and velvety. More and more, she wanted to take Aryaan away as quickly as possible, as her presence there was intimidating her because, more than inner beauty, men notice outer beauty, and she had it all in her, more than hers.

"We'll allow that to unfold itself. Anything else?" the sage simply replied.

"Excuse me." She couldn't pretend that everything was fine. The lady's presence made the environment crumble into a little space, so she got up and left to get some fresh air.

"Zarah!" she mumbled, as she saw her from afar in Aryaan's arms. But the instant she blinks to have a clear view, they disappear, and she releases a heavy breath, happy that it was only her imagination.

"Zarah!" she heard someone calling for her, and she turned, where she saw her and Aryaan praying together inside the mosque.

"Am I running mad?" She tried to breathe even though her lungs were crammed with air, which made it impossible for her to inhale or exhale, and hence, she struggled to catch any breath.

"Zoya!" she flinched and immediately turned when she felt a figure behind her, but then she became relieved after seeing it was Aryaan. As tears shimmered in her eyes with fear of losing him, she leaned closer and hugged him. "Promise me you'll never leave me for someone else," she whispered in tears.

"Why would I do that? I love you a lot." He pulled back and cupped her face, wiping the tears that rolled on her cheeks with his finger while she sniffed in breaths quietly.

"Then let's go home," she said after she saw Zarah and her brother coming out of the mosque.

"Ok. Let me inform Mother I'm leaving."

"Tell her over the phone. I'm tired," she said, wanting them to leave instantly as she didn't want him to meet with her again since she was insecure even though she trusted him fully, but in the end, a man is a man, so she had doubts.

"Zoya, it will take only a minute, please," he emphasised.

"I'm not feeling good, Aryaan. Please!" he gave in to her tired-looking eyes. But just as they were leaving to go to the car, Azaan called out to him, and he released her hand and left. She sighed, frowning at her failed attempt, but kept a close eye on them.

"Everyone knows our political party is popular, of course, due to Father. We've actually been looking for a qualified representative who will represent us in this upcoming election. If you want to join, you can come over to my office tomorrow morning to learn the terms and conditions." Azaan and Aryaan were talking, and Zarah, completely uninterested, moved to one side and got busy on her phone.

As Aryaan was taking too long to return, she saw the moment as the perfect opportunity to ask the lady why she bailed her uncle if they were not related.

"Hey!" she said as she reached her. On the other hand, Zarah scanned her for a moment before she responded,

"Do we know each other?"

"I was about to ask the same. Do we know each other? If not, who gave you the right to bail out the person I put in jail? How did you find out about Aryaan's father? Are you stalking him and his family?"

She, for a moment, felt frightened at the seriousness on Zoya's face, along with her mad tone, which caused her to lose her speech for a while. Having regained it, she cleared her throat and then shared,

"Sanam informed me. I saved her father, not Aryaan's." She wanted to walk away, but Zoya grabbed her hand and prevented her from doing so.

"How do you know Sanam? Why did she seek your help?"

"She is my brother's girlfriend. Had it not been for her, I wouldn't bother about Aryaan's father because he and I share no relationship." She replied, getting angry at her, and freed her arm from her grasp, returning to her car.

On the other hand, Zoya's heart eased with relief.

Don't forget to vote and comment.