17

Delhi, India

Zoya arranged all her belongings in the white closet

Zoya arranged all her belongings in the white closet. After she changed into comfortable attire, she didn't know what else to do. Aryaan had informed her that he'd arrive late because he had an important matter to attend to. She went over to the bed and sat down, but then she started to blush, eagerly waiting for his return as she started to fantasise about her first night with her husband.

****

Aryaan was at an amusement park, and his eyes were searching all over the crowd for his patient. There, he finally saw her seated on the foldable beach chair, resting on her stomach, while a lady was massaging her back.

As he moved towards her, he stuffed his hands into his pockets, and after reaching her, he said,

"Was this the appropriate location you said you'd choose?" He again skimmed at the loud environment that had people going back and forth, which wasn't suitable for a session because of all the noise.

As she turned and looked at him, a frown appeared on her face, and she replied in a demandingly cold and rude voice,

"Yes, and so? You're free to quit right now if you wish. I already told you that you couldn't handle me. If not for my brother, I won't be here."

His hands curled tightly into a fist as he tried to suppress his anger because even he wasn't treating her out of his free will or enjoying his time with her. Her brother happens to be his childhood friend. Had it not been for that friendship, he'd never have agreed to take the offer of treating his sister, who showed him from the first day she doesn't like anyone interfering in her personal life.

He instead smiled and shrugged. "Let's begin." But soon after, it disappeared, and he stared at her through his furious gaze, uttering in an enraged voice, "What you did yesterday was out of line. I had to leave my wedding ceremony midway through."

"My life, my choice, my sins." She remained stiff, and she shrugged, unbothered that he left his wedding for her.

"You're right. Your life, your choice, but your sins will affect not only you but also your brother. Why don't you ever think of him? He loves you a lot. Why are you self-centred? I don't think you were like that in the past, or maybe I've never noticed you. Ever since your father died, I understand you're the father's girl type who does everything you want; however, with him not here, you must move on. Yesterday, you slit your wrist after you spoke to his picture, and he didn't answer. Tomorrow, will you jump off a cliff when you see his old poster anywhere on the street?"

His words geared her to be angry, and she shot him an icy glare and got up. "Today's therapy class is over. Until we meet next time, and make sure that when we do, you're calm. I don't entertain outsiders' scoldings. I'm keeping quiet this time, but next time, don't try it." As she was leaving, her shoulder pushed him away.

At a five-story building, in her room, Zoya was pacing restlessly around the room because she was very bored sitting in one place. Aryaan was still not back yet, and she didn't want to call him like a desperate wife to ask where he was. However, a thousand thoughts were going through her head on the reason he wouldn't quit everything and return to her since it was a Friday and work closes early.

She got tired of walking and returned to the bed again and sat. Just then, her phone rang, and excitedly thinking it was him, she picked up the phone, but then saw it was her aunt. Her happiness was still maintained though, and she answered,

"Hello, Aunt!"

It took a while before she responded, "I called to inform you we've arrived safely. You don't have to worry about us again." She hung up after she told her.

Zoya looked surprised and dialled her number numerous times to inquire more about her, and without fail, she kept hanging up. After a while, she received a text message that said,

"I'm still angry that you married without my permission. Believe me, if not now, you'll surely regret that decision later."

She sighed at her aunt's unnecessary concern.

...

"I'm really sorry, but I can't continue treating your sister. She doesn't listen to what I say or practice it. What she has isn't depression. She is completely sane and fine. She knows what she's doing. She loves her late father a lot, even though she knows he is gone. Okay, maybe she is depressed, but she doesn't want to let it out. It's been months since we started this, yet there has been no improvement. She trusts no one. Not even herself." Aryaan complained. He was in his friend's office, which was luxuriously furnished, and on the table, an Indian flag stood near an Apple laptop. He was next to a bearded guy on the sofa who said,

"That's how Zarah is. She is a mystery you need to unravel. She is deeply pained by the death of our father. She has no friends or relatives to share it with. After his death, she distanced herself from everyone. I always warned her not to get too attached to a person, but she loves too much. I've watched her overcome heartbreaks silently a lot of times, but in the case of our father, she isn't trying one bit. She loves him more than herself. More than me. Please keep being patient with her. A doctor should never back out of his duty midway. I'll call and inform her to meet you tomorrow evening. She will be busy in the morning and afternoon. But I'll tell her to listen and obey all you'll say. She'll be good. I promise." He held his hands when he saw the disapproval on his face, and eventually, he agreed because he didn't want to look unprofessional backing out from his side.

••••

Zoya's patience was wobbling with each second that passed because it was getting darker, yet there was no missed call from Aryaan or sight of him.

She struggled to keep her eyes open due to the sleep in them. At last, the door to the room opened, and instantly, the sleep vanished, and her face lit up with joy when she saw him.

He returned her smile, being as excited as she was to meet him, and within seconds, he removed his shoe and moved towards her.

"My Zoya," he halted, leaving a little space between them, and she asked in a whisper,

"You're late. Where were you?"

"Therapy session, visiting a friend, going home to check on my father. I stayed there till the Isha prayer. As you know, I do it." He shared, and then he leaned in and hugged her. They dwelled in the hug for a long time—their first hug—though they could hear both their heartbeats speeding up before they pulled, and his hands went up to her waist, still holding her in his embrace.

She gave him a little smile. "Earlier, when I went to the station, I found out your father was already released. Did you share the news of his arrest with anyone?"

He thought for a few seconds and shook his head.

"Strange. A woman, Zarah, bailed him out."

"Zarah?" he repeated in shock and astonishment at how she came to find out about his father's arrest and why she bailed him.

"Yes her. Who is she?" She studied his face.

"She's my patient. I'm treating her depression, but how did she find out about my father when I've never shared my personal life with her?" He asked, more to himself, curious. They were not friends, and she hated even being around him, so why did she bail him out? He asked himself.

"Ask her when you meet again. Tell her never to interfere in your personal life again." Her voice came out angry and a bit loud, but again, immediately, she took a deep breath, clearing her thoughts, and then asked, "So, where are the laddoos?"

"I knew I had forgotten something at home. I kept wondering what it was."

"Really? Do you think I'm a six-year-old child you'll give that excuse to and I'll believe blindly? Admit you never had the laddoos. It was a lie, right?" Her face became a frown.

"I can't give the laddoos now, but I can give this." Before her head registered his words, she felt his lips against hers. His hands wrapped around her waist tightly, and he held her close, and his hold tightened as he kissed her more passionately while her eyes closed and his hand moved against her back and waist.

"Aryaan," she said, pushing him back slightly after losing breath, and she drooped her head, blushing profusely while he smirked, enjoying how she turned red for him.

"So do you really believe babies are made by jumping on the bed?"

He gave her a few seconds to catch her breath, then leaned in and kissed her again. On that night, they consummated their wedding.

If you want me to be consistent with the updates, you have to vote and comment!!!