"I know many of you will want to fight, you may even think its wise. But its folly, give me harry potter. Do this and none shall be harmed give me harry potter and shall leave hogwarts untouched. Give me harry potter. You have one hour," the voice whispered

"What are you waiting for someone grab him!" A slytherin yelled,

Ginny pushed Harry behind her. Hesitantly I stepped towards Harry. Taking a deep breath I stood in front of my brother. More students did the same. We all formed a wall around Harry. However our display was interrupted.

"Students out of bed! Students out of bed!" Filch yelled pushing us out of the way,

"They are supposed to be out of bed you blithering idiot," Mconagall snapped

"Oh," Filch said "I'm sorry mam,"

"It seems your arrival is most opportune, take the Slytherins down to the dungeons," Mconagall ordered,

A cheer erupted in the hall once more. There was much work to be done. We all began securing the castle. I went with Fred and George to secure the top floor. Students filled the halls. Everyone was doing something. A flash of light caught my attention. I looked out the window. A bright blue light was engulfing the school shielding it. Shielding us.

"It's beautiful," I whispered,

"Hopefully its strong too," George added, "its good to see you again Hayls,"

"Yeah we missed you," Fred said,

"I missed you two too,"

Severus's pov

My heart ached as I watched the dark lord's forces assemble. I prayed Lupin was keeping Hayley safe. Prayed he would keep his promise to her. Lily forgive me. Hayley forgive me.

Hayley's pov

I gasped as a barrage of spells struck the shield. The shield seemed to be holding. For now at least. George Fred and I leaned against the window sill.

"You alright Fred?" George asked,

"Yeah you?"

"Me too,"

Suddenly the shield rippled and thundered. It smouldered and turned to embers. The burning tatters rained down from the sky and I saw the army charge. I fired spells down from the window. A window behind us shattered. I whirled around.

"Obscuro!" I yelled,

The deatheater yelped. Fred knocked him back out the window. I rushed forward and peered out the window. In the middle of the garden was the death eater he was laying motionless blood seeping into the ground around him.

"Hayls!" George exclaimed "Stupefy!"

I whirled around just in time to see a deatheater go flying. I raised my wand and hurried to George's side. More death eaters poured into the corridor. I shield Fred and George best I could. Blocking spells left and right One, two three? Four? Six? I lost count of how many attacked us. Fred and George kept knocking them back. However it wasn't enough. I pointed my wand at the group.

"Bombarda Maxima!" I yelled,

The death eaters exploded blood flew everywhere. George and Fred yelped. I gasped stumbling back. I rested my hands on my knees panting. George began to laugh.

"That was bloody brilliant Hayls!"

"Bloody hell Green remind me to never make you mad," Fred laughed,

Before I could reply a glowing blue doe appeared before me. I recognised it as Severus's patronus. It strode towards me. I knelt down to greet it. My fathers voice echoed from the doe.

"Hayley, find your brother and tell him that to defeat Voldemort he must sacrifice himself, he must greet death as an old friend. Do this Hayley now and be safe,"

"Severus the dark lord is summoning you-" a voice I didn't recognise was cut off.

that was the last noise the doe made before it faded. I didn't have time to ponder my fathers words. The adrenaline in my veins clouded my mind. All i knew was I had to find Harry. I leapt to my feet sprinting down the hall leaving Fred and George behind. I searched for my brother in the crowds. it wasn't long before I found him rushing towards the courtyard.

"Harry!" I called out,

He stopped dead in his tracks and turned around. I caught up to him and Harry's eyes widened. He looked relieved to see me. I opened my mouth to repeat Severus's words but Harry cut me off.

"Hayley we have got to go we know where the last horcux is come on!" He exclaimed gesturing for me to follow,

Before I could interject Harry raced out into the courtyard Ron and Hermione not far behind. I sprinted after them. Slinging spells at death eaters as I went. I yelped as a spell grazed my arm. Gripping the wound I pushed forward. Around me my classmates screamed and fell. Don't think. I ordered myself. Focus. Follow Harry. Finish your fathers mission. I held on tightly to those words.