Chapter 52

Hayley's pov

I jumped down the stairs a bright smile on my face. I was wearing my new tailored brown suit with an orange tie that Fred and George had bought for me. Severus raised an eyebrow at me from behind the morning paper. He flicked his wand, a homemade blueberry muffin floated over to me. A giggle passed my lips as I pictured my brooding father baking. As I took a bite from the muffin I started rambling about my first day.

"Don't talk with your mouth full," Sev hummed, I took another big bite.

"orry 'ev bu it muh firth dye!" I said around the food. Sev rolled his eyes

I took another bite and went to speak when I was interrupted by a knock at the door. With a lazy flick of my fathers wand the door swung open to reveal one of my new bosses George leaning against the doorframe. He had on an identical suit to my own. He walks into the room his hands were buried in his pockets. He made eye contact with me and it was like he froze in time. is he ok? I glanced over at my father who was giving George a death glare. Why was he upset? Have all the men in my life lost it? Is Remus somewhere having a fit. Finally George blinked and opened his mouth to start talking.

"You look brilliant, Ready for your first day Hayls?" George said with a grin. I suppose we are ignoring the time stopping thing.

I nodded scoffing down the muffin as quickly as I could. Nearly choking on the muffin. George chuckled at me which cause me to stick up my middle finger at him. That only caused more laughter. My father cleared his throat.

"Mr Weasley if anything happens to her while she is in your care, I'll make sure your never seen again," Severus drawled never once looking up from the paper.

"Dad!" I gaped at him, My father smirked not acknowledging my shocked expression.

"Don't worry Professor, Hayley is in good hands," George grinned. He turned to face me is grin widening.

"Should we get going?"

George nodded before he held out a piece of paper that had the word 'Portkey' scrawled in Georges chicken scratch. I let out a chuckle before holding on to it. We teleported to the twins office. I smiled at George striding out onto the shop floor. We were already packed, some of the kids I recognised from hogwarts. Others I didn't recognise but they looked young enough to be first years. I began helping people ring up their items. The register was charmed in some way, so I didn't really need to do much other then stand there and scan items. While I was scanning their items I started explaining other products we have often time they'd buy a few more right there. I'd Demonstrate the inventions. George occasionally checked up on me. He seemed off today, what was going on with him? I started rearranging the pastils on the wall behind me, I could hear Fred talking to some customers not to far away. The twins were excellent sales men-

"Miss Weasley?" A kid said, I turned smiling at the boy who didn't look older then eleven. He had a small bottle of love potion in his hands.

"Not a Weasley yet!" Fred called from his place by the roasting machine, George slapped him on the back of the head. I rolled my eyes their antics.

"Not on your life Fred," I snorted before returning my attention to the kid.

"I'm Miss Snape how can I help you?"

He held up the love potion in one hand and three galleons in the other. Gently I took the pink potion scanning it. The register made a sharp CLING before the coins in the boys hand started to float up. His eyes widened as he watched the coins drop into the open draw of the register. I handed him the potion thanking him for business he waved his hand at me. I crouched down. He leaned towards my ear.

"I think Mr Weasley likes you!" He whispered. Fred? Or George? Either way they'd would never like me. Merlin Severus would have a fit! Deciding to entertain the boy I made an exaggerated thinking face. Before turning back to face the boy.

"Hm I don't know about that, why do you think he does?" I asked the boy smiled giggling.

"He looks at you when your not looking! And and smiles! He's doing it now!" The boy giggled pointing.

I followed where he was pointing to see George quickly look away. No couldn't be. George Weasley would never... would he? Would I? Would I want to... no no we are not thinking about this. At least not right now. I shake my head and turn to look at the boy who has run off, he disappeared into the crowd.

"What was all the whispering about? Keeping secrets from me?"

I jumped My head flew up at the sound of Georges voice. He had his usual goofy smile. A subtle heat rose to my cheeks. Slowly rising from the floor I dusted myself off. A very Snape like smirk tugged at my lips.

"Wouldn't be much of secret if I told you now would it?"

We shared a small laugh. Inside Weasley Wizarding Wheezes it was like the tragedy of the past months hadn't happened. The adults were laughing as much as the children. It was truly quick refreshing. It was hard to think just outside our doors was a war. One that was taking so many lives.

Severus's pov

I watched Narcissa and Bellatrix stride out of my house. My hand now scarred with my promise to her, to Draco. He will never be able to fulfil the dark lords wishes... I'm sorry Hayley.