Chapter 35

As usual please comment your thoughts as You read! Your comments do inspire me and I try to listen to your feedback!
Hayley's pov

Green magic lit up the sky, everyone was screaming so loudly. I could hear Fred and George yelling, Sev's arm hovered around my shoulders keeping me close. Remus stood on my other side standing as close as he could to me. I could hear Harry's voice he was screaming as well. Ireland had won!

"Hayls we win the bet!" George hollered at me, a grin spread across my face they could open their joke shop now!

"Good for you Weasley!" I yelled back. A grin spread across my face as I watched them celebrate.

Severus's pov

I was quite relieved that the match was over. I despise quidditch. However it had been enjoyable to watch Hayley have some fun. She had darted off with the twins the moment we were free of the stadium. She seemed to have taken a shine to them over the years and Lupin was far to pleased by his god daughter falling in with the new 'marauders'. She was so happy, a much welcome change to the previous years. I was completely lost in thought when A flash of green caught my attention, I looked up and my heart stopped.

"Hayley!" I called,

I turned to face where she had been standing. She was gone.

Hayley's pov

Screams erupted from the crowd, a stampede of people flooded towards me. My heart started pounding suddenly it felt like I was being pulled in a vacuum. My feet collided with the ground, the sudden jolt sent me forward. I landed on my hands and knees. My gaze moved around The room, it was our tent. slowly I rose to my feet, the chaos outside was barely muffled by the fabric. Sev... Remus... Fred... George where were they? Carefully a pushed back the fabric of the tents door to peak out side. People lay unmoving on the ground, tents were burning, a skull lit up the sky. my heart was still pounding. Now. Go now. Now. Rip the bandaid off. Be brave. With a deep breath I sprinted forward out of the safety of the tent. I didn't stop running through the campsite.

"Hayley?!"

"Hayley?!"

Remus and Sev! I ran towards the familiar voices. I rounded a corner to see my very concerned and panicked guardians. Sev was the first to see me he sprinted towards me faster then I had ever seen him move. He practically threw himself down onto his knees in front of me, his hands hovered my my shoulders. He hurriedly looked me over, Remus knelt down beside him. Tears dotted my godfathers eyes. Worry and fear etched on both their faces.

"Are you ok?" Remus asked, I blinked for a moment I hadn't really had a chance to think yet.

"I think,"

Severus stood up suddenly looking over my head, Remus followed his gaze and then did the same. I furrowed my brow but followed their example. Behind approached a group of men being yelled at by molly and Arthur. BoTh Remus and Severus took a step in front of me, shielding me with their taller frames. A rather flustered but stuck up looking man walked towards us.

"Ah huh! Severus! In your professional opinion would mr potter be quite capable of casting the dark mark!" The man asked as if he already knew the answer. I couldn't contain the snort. Remus gave me a warning glance and moved the shield me further but it was too late the man turned his attention to myself.

"Who are you," he said in an accusatory tone.

"Hayley Snape," I responded with as much bite in my voice as I knew Sev would allow. The man rolled his eyes letting out a snort of his own.

"Right back to business Severus-"

"Mr Potter does not possess much aptitude for a simple potion let alone advanced dark magic," Severus drawled, I nodded fervently

The man let out a grunt before returning to his group and a very angry molly. I opened my mouth to ask Sev a question but he simply held up a hand. Severus pulled out a small cup he and turned into a port key some time around adopting me. He held it out both myself and Remus held onto it with him, we landed back in the living room of spinners end. Remus ran a hand through his hair, before announcing he needed to see Dumbledore. Severus nodded and gestured for me to follow him, he led me to the couch where we sat down.

"I suppose you have some questions?" He asked, turning his head to face me.

"Who was that man?" I asked meeting his gaze, I had so many questions buzzing through my head but this was the simplest one.

"Barty crounch,"

"Why does he have a stick up his-"

"Hayley Snape!"

Sev gave me an incredulous look, I shrugged I wasn't wrong. I still could see a hint of a smirk on his face. Severus let out a long tired sigh. He closed his eyes for a moment, he had the face he had sometimes when he was lost in thought and didn't know I was looking. He let out a long deep sigh before he continued talking.

"Mr crounch is scared Lion, he very well remembers the wizard if war, that mark was the mark of the man who cursed you," he explained with a slightly pained expression. Oh. Does this mean theres going to be another war? I chewed the inside of my cheek. I didnt know if i wanted to ask my next question. But I had to know the answer. I needed to know whats going to happen.

"Will Voldemort come back?" Severus seemed to pause almost unsure how to respond. He let out a long sigh.

"I don't know Lion,"

Severus's pov

I do know, I just don't want to admit it.