Chapter 37

Hayley's pov

"The hogwarts champion is... Cedric Diggary,"

I applauded with the other students. I sat with a very grumpy Fred and George as the other two names were read Severus wasn't far away. He stood by the door to the great hall arms folded. Dumbledore was giving his speech about glory and victory when suddenly the goblet roared to live flames shot out spinning around. I ducked as a flame shot over my head. A fourth piece of paper shot out of the goblet, Dumbledore caught it and read it slowly.

"Harry Potter,"

Harry Potter?

The next moments were a blur students dismissed Harry dragged off by teachers Severus told me to go with the twins. We walked back to the common room, I shifted into a coyote and George picked me up carrying me into their dorms. Once there I shifted back and flopped on George's bed. He sat on the floor by his bed and Fred sat on his. They were talking about Harry being in the tournament but their voices slowly faded out as I tried to imagine what would happen. Harry could die. I sighed Harry stormed into dorm ranting about Ron and I lost it I stood up my temper flaring. He yelped grabbing his cheek and looked at me confused.

"Go Hayls! Magically slapping people is the best." George snorted,

"How dare you put your name in that cup you idiot!" I screeched,

"But I didn't!" He retorted

"Oh sure you didn't!"

"I didn't!" I sighed releasing some of my anger, where he put his name in the cup isn't important anymore. What's important is keeping the daft fool alive.

"Alright what do you need."

The next few weeks were spent helping Harry plan for the first task which we would later find out was a dragon. Whole nights spent in the library, once we settled on him summoning a broom whole days were spent practicing flying and summoning the broom. I was determined to see my brother through this. I ducked as the horn tails flames flew over my head. George threw his arm over my head as we ducked. The firebolt zipped passed us towards Harry. He leapt onto his broom and flew towards the cave. Then out of the stadium? That can't be good.

"Where's he going?" I asked loudly

"I don't know!" George responded

CLASH the dragons chains broke freeing it, that really can't be good. I called out for Harry to run and for once he listened shooting over into the valley. I raised my wand to summon a broom.

"You can't Green!" Fred reminded me

I winced as I realised he was right. I resorted to standing there impatiently awaiting my brothers return. Finally after what felt like years the dragons roars grew closer and the faint screaming of Harry did as well. In true Harry fashion he crashed into field with the egg. The crowd erupted applause and cheering. I closed my eyes and tried to apparate down to the field the familiar vacuum suck me in. I opened my eyes to see I was not on the pitch. Damn it.

"Lion?" I look up I was standing in front of my very surprised father.

"I was trying to get down there," I said sheepishly pointing to harry, he chuckled shaking his head.

"Will you be coming to our chambers for dinner tonight?"

I nod at my father, he gives me a small smile. He has been doing that a lot more in these passed few months. What could cause him to start smiling this much? Life hadn't changed that much has it? Wasn't Voldemort looming? I hadn't noticed I was staring at him until I was pulled from my thoughts abruptly by my fathers chuckling.

"Time to go Lion,"

I nodded rushing to meet up with Fred and George. We joined the party in the common room. the celebration for Harry's victory had continued long into the night. Everyone cheered for harry to open the egg which he did causing a terrible noise to erupt from the gold shell. He scrambled to close it confused. However that confusion didnt last long as the partying continued. after a while I drew tired of the constant noise and ruckus so I slipped away into George and Fred's dorm. I plopped onto George's bed, I pulled some parchment and a quill from my robe and began to write

To Moony
Harry succeeded at the first task! It was bloody dragons!
I'm scared for the next task.
There's still two tasks he could die!
Professor Moody is odd it hasn't gotten better with him,
- Hayley Snape

I gave the letter to George's owl and he took off in search of Remus Lupin. I laid back on the bed staring up at the ceiling. The sound of the door opening drew my attention. In walked the twins, George sat down on the floor beside his bed. We were silent George and Fred experimenting with a new greenish liquid. I watched over their shoulders as it buzzed and crackled.

Tap tap tap the sound was coming from the window. The owl was back with a letter, had Remus written back already? I opened the window and took the letter from the bird. Fred feigned offence.

"You stole our bird!"

"And my bed," George added

I waved them off and opened the letter. Sure enough it was Remus's cursive handwriting.

To my little cub
Before you say it I know your not little anymore, believe me,
Good on Harry for succeeding!
Don't worry about the next task with you around he will be fine,
I'm always here if you need me Cub,

Your wonderful godfather
Remus Moony Lupin

"Whose the letter from Hayls?" George asked sitting next to me.

"Remus,"

"Want to try a new pastil we made?" Fred asked with hopeful look,

"Will I end up in the hospital wing?" I asked cautiously taking it from Fred and holding it to the light,

"No,"
"Maybe,"