Chapter XXXVI: The Art Of War Part II

William

I went to town to find the others, what I saw was McGraw's men scattered around the town guarding every movement of the townsfolk. I tried to find the Admiral but he's nowhere to be seen then I heard voices nearby.

"I must give you my gratitude Captain Sage for joining our side to eradicate pirates once and for all."

"It was nothing Admiral, those who have extraordinary power will always be my allies."

Suddenly I broke a branch trying to hear more of their conversation.

"What the hell was that?" McGraw said.

I slowly escaped after they heard me, I went to the tavern afterwards to find Rhett and the rest of my crew.

"Rhett are you here?" I called out.

"Aye captain, there seem to be a problem?" He asked.

"We have to speak somewhere discreet." I replied.

"In my room then."

I went inside his room. "What seem to be the problem?"

"I heard the Admiral talking to someone and he mentioned the name "Sage."

"You think he's the one Henry was talking about back in Nassau?" He asked.

"I also heard them say that both of them have this extraordinary power, I've got to consult him about this." I replied.

"We're not going back to the middle of nowhere aren't we?"

"No, now tell the crew to be prepared cause we'll be leaving for Nassau by midnight and don't get caught, ears are everywhere."

"Aye captain."

I left the tavern to go back to the plantation and waited till nightfall, I grabbed a basin then filled it with water and asked Andrew for candles that he could find. I recited a ritual for him to come just like how he told me and we didn't have to wait long for him to come.

"Who summons me?"

"Jones, I ask for your help." I said.

"Ah the boy who's a scared little merchant, now what do you ask of me?" He replied.

"McGraw has joined forces with another deity just like you, his name is Hector Sage and with his help those pirates will never see the light of day ever again."

"Sage... oh I thought I would never hear that name again."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"For centuries the man has hunted me to get revenge for killing his only beloved." He replied.

"So the stories were true after all." I said.

"He was only an honest merchant just like you and he came to me to grant his wish of riches, seemed like a greedy man for an honest merchant am I right?"

I chuckled. "Yeah sure was."

Should he be having the time to tell a tale???

"One time, I saw his partner in life and that's where I felt love when I had no heart living inside. One morning I was following their ship from the depths below when I heard cannon fire, pirates were raiding their ship so I come arise to sink that ship all the way to my locker and next thing I knew, our bullets came across his ship killing his one and only love."

"To this day he curses and hunts me for the death of his wife, its a pain and suffering I go through every single day of this fucking life."

"Listen, he may be close by so we need to leave this place and I shall head for Nassau to warn everyone." I said.