Chapter XIV: False Hopes

William

I said my goodbyes and went to my class for attendance, When I heard my classmates talking about the incident that happened weeks ago.

"Have you seen on TV where Josh, Mark and Nat have been arrested?" One of my classmates said.

"Yeah, I knew that they're the bullies of the whole campus. But who wouldn't have thought that they would do crimes?" Another replied. 

"The police said some things that are being investigated until now."

"Though the witnesses said that their boss does illegal deeds such as drug dealing, kidnapping, human trafficking. Their whole business is at risk if these were true."

"That's not all, Josh's dad is going to be sued if those rumors were true."

I also noticed that there were changes in the issue than the ones I've heard from the news.

Seems like dad got some serious case upon the Midas Inc. I wonder if he's going to ask help from me too.

I heard more conversations about the incident and gave out a sigh of relief since no one was talking about the "Monstrous Fiend" that I was involved in, Minutes later Ms. Miranda came in class.

"Good morning class." She greeted.

"Good morning Prof. Lia!" We greeted back

I yawned. "William is there something wrong? You look pale." She asked.

"I'm okay Prof. Lia, it's nothing." I replied.

"You don't feel sick or anything at all?"

"Why would I feel-" I yawned again.

"Nope, you're not fine. Go to the clinic stat!" She ordered.

"But I'm-" 

"DON'T MAKE ME DRAG YOU!"

Sheesh, she's terrifying.

"Alright, I'll go."

I left the classroom. "Man, guess I really don't feel fine."

I went to the nurse's office while Ms. Miranda started the class, it took me a few minutes to find even though I got there before. In the end I found it by asking questions.

"Nurse? Are you here-?" I called.

"Yes? How may I help you?" She asked.

"Prof. Lia told me to come here because she thinks I don't look or feel good."

"You really don't look or feel good, have you slept well last night?"

"Not really, I also feel pain all around my body."

"How many hours did you sleep last night?" She asked.

"About, three hours?" I unsurely replied.

"Oh, that's not good. Lie down on the bed and take some rest, I'll wake you up if it's lunch time."

"Okay ma'am."

I laid down on the bed then slowly closed my eyes, I was soon fast asleep then I had dreams. I was dreaming about Blossom and we were... kissing, things escalated so fast and I suddenly woke up. I didn't knew what time it was but I overheard a conversation outside the clinic.

"Um, Ms. Reyes?"

"Yes ma'am?"

"Could you please wake up a patient in my office?"