Chapter 16: Bathtub Warfare

Coming to my senses from the dreamland... I sense my feet, or... fading feeling of them. The cold absolutely engulfed my feet, my toes feel like ice.
The blanket falls off me as I stand up, the temperature dropped drastically overnight. The sharkos stomp onto my spot to keep my partners warm.

Getting out of bed, I hurry to the heater. Finding it... turned off... "ERROR" covers the small display of the heater.
Cutting the power to it, I take off the large metal cover and analyze what's in front of my eyes. A feast of pipes and cylinders.

Checking my phone, in case the heater sent a report to my phone when it shut off sometime during last night.
Thankfully, it did. Mentioning a certain part of it that malfunctioned and halted everything else.

Searching the manual of the heating system, I uncover that it is the easiest to replace part of the entire system. Relief washes over me, as I start pondering over where I have that specific part.

When we bought this home, I did a bit of searching around and found an entire set of spare parts for the heating system. Perhaps... the sharkos could aid me.

Entering the bedroom, the girls rub their eyes open and stretch.
Bismarck - Morgen, Liebster~.
Tirpitz - Liebster, warum bist du nicht im Bett~?
- The heating system halted sometime last night. It's colder than it should be right now. 

Tirpitz - What we fix it?
- Absolutely. It's a very easy fix. I... just need your riggings to help me.
Bismarck - Keks, go help Kommandant.| Jumping off the bed, he waits for his part in cuteness to join.
Tirpitz - Denker, help him~. | As the two sharkos await for the door to open. I turn to the girls again.

- If you come downstairs. Put on extra layers, okay?
Tirpitz & Bismarck - Will do!
I close the door and explain to Keks and Denker what they need to find for me. Their response...

Stomping off, their search begins. Gently tapping the door they want me to open for them, we search through most rooms until... in the room adjacent to the heating system, we find everything we need - and even more.
- Thanks you two! | They wag their tails and happily waddle back upstairs - just as the girls join us.

Bismarck - Kommandant. It's cold.

- I'll fix it right now! | I grab the needed tools and start on the replacement

Tirpitz - We can't make Kaffee either...