Chapter 48: Traditional Iron Blood Beverage

The air around me is filled with gently tapping and chatter, laughter and hurried steps.

The ceiling of my home, lit by the afternoon sun. I've must've taken a prolonged nap. Attempting to get up, I find my arms in the ownership of my wives - they cling onto them like a pillow.
Bismarck - Gooosh~ Liebster~ You don't have to be so aggressive with us~. | My wife playfully remarks my hands grasping their thicc decks.
- Someone doesn't mind me doing so~. | I grin at her.
Tirpitz - Obviously we don't~. But we need to finish our research, Liebster~. | Now they got my absolutely attention.

I ask them about their research.
Tirpitz - Denker has been changing lately, his metal is thickening and changing color to a Wolfram gray.
- Wolfram... also called Tungsten, right? | I feel them pat my head, playfully.
Bismarck - Someone studied their chemistry.
- Oh no, absolutely not. I sucked at chemistry! I was decent on my marks back in high school, but other than that... I have some knowledge of a few things.

My wives nod at me, smirking at my words.
Bismarck - Keks is also changing in the same way... | I sense their fear for their sharkos.
A evolution for the riggings perhaps? It couldn't be anything bad - for that would've caused a panic in my wives. That also means that their sharkos are healthy, or healthier than before.

Finishing my thought train, my Kinder run past the couch we sit on. I notice that their sharkos are also changing - the same way Keks and Denker do!

I point it out to my wives.
Bismarck - That couldn't be... Did...
Tirpitz - Our cubes... evolve...?
- That's great news! | This specific evolution seems to be a good one. It must be worthy of a celebration. Even a small one.

My women's eyes go wide as they stare at me, realizing that their research has already been completed before.
- Does that mean... they went through METAmorphosis? But... doesn't that mean... you two... | I feel my heart sink to my stomach.
Bismarck - Absolutely not! Liebster~! We're still ourselves, nothing of the sorts happened~.
Tirpitz - Here look. It's the "Zwei Phenomen". A evolution of our riggings.

As my heart returns to beat normally, I look at Tirpitz's tablet. It shows me research for the mentioned phenomenon.
- I... I see... I felt as if I was going to get a heart attack... | I let out deep sigh of relief.
Bismarck - That also explains why our hair has been steadily growing! | She looks at her Schwester.
Tirpitz - Yeah! It suits us... let's keep it. | They grin at each other.
Bismarck & Tirpitz - This way, Liebster has something to pull us on~...! | They almost scream their sentence. Excitement fills their voices. My head spins with dread of pelvic pain again.

Discussing the changes to their bodies and their riggings, our Kinder rush to us and hold their changed sharkos up for us to see.
Tirpitz & Bismarck - They're a lot stronger now! | Not only that, they have grown too! A lot! Almost the size of Keks and Denker. A few more centimeters.

Looking on the table, I find my laptop and my phone beside it. I must've been working before I dozed off. 
Checking my devices, it looks as if I finished work before I fell asleep. Fantastic!

As relief washes over me, I realize that I've been working quite regularly lately. While also spending time with my family.
Instead of leaving everything for one day, towards the end of the week. I now do the work in bricks as it arrives. Few hours of work, then finish it after a 20 minute break. Works a lot better then leaving it all for the weekend - I don't know why I did it like that.

Passing the hours, I helped my wives clean the house. Now, I am helping them wash dishes, as I clean the mugs... I stare at the Lindenbaum in our yard, behind my women's flower bed.
- Do we have jars that can fit two or three lemons cut in half?
Bismarck - That's oddly specific. We sure do. You bought them for us. Schwester, bitte.
Tirpitz - Here. Why do you want them? Are we making a beverage? | My wives caught on quickly.
- We are indeed. Lindenblütensaft.
Tirpitz - Tilia petal drink? We're in~...! | My wives happily jump on board.
Bismarck - Keks, Denker mit Ihm raus bitte. | My wife orders their sharkos.

Heading outside, I look at our Tilia tree and point at a few of its branches.
- Keks, Denker, bitte. | With that, Keks casually climbs up the tree, without any help. 
With Keks break the branches clean off, he throws them down for Denker to catch.
- Thanks, you two.

Returning inside, I notice my kids are watching their mamas work. 
- Weren't you all outside just now? | I smile as I admire the scene in front of me.
Erika - We were! We saw our mamas work, so we got curious. | I nod, proudly.
Frederika - We washed their paws first! | My daughter point at their sharkos.
Otto - We also washed our hands too!
Alfred - Can we help? We're not little anymore! | I smile warmly at my sons words, the Kinder watch their mamas and me for any sign of us needing help.
- Not really, loves. It's just a bunch of waiting, just a few hours. By dinner, it's good to drink. Alright? | Despite having to wait, my Kinder nod and head for the couches to stretch out and perhaps... even take a nap.

I wash the Tilia petals carefully and set them at the bottom of the four jars. I let my wives put the lemon halves in and I proceed to top it all off with water.
Tirpitz - Let's put on the lids then~.
- No lids, dears. This needs air constantly. 
Bismarck - How about these small plates then?
- They'll do. | I let them put on the small plates on top of the jars and I slide them aside, close to the wall, away from 95% of the commotion of the kitchen.

Hours later, my wives and I took a quick shower. I set out a change of clothes for my Kinder as they play in the tub. They just got in, it'll be a while before they come out.
I turn around and smile at my wives, they peaked over me to watch our Kinder play in the tub.
- Dinner?
Tirpitz & Bismarck - Dinner.

Back in the kitchen, my wives start on dinner. Once they cut the meat, I cover it in spices and hand it back to them. They skillfully grill it to perfection and set it on a large plate.
Starting to put out the table, our Kinder take their seats - sharkos in lap.
- Here are your mugs, ready for the Lindenblütensaft? | I pour some of it into a bottle for easy serving.

Pouring my wives and Kinder, I await to hear their verdict.
Bismarck & Tirpitz - Refreshing and sweet! 
The Kinder - Sweet and it stings a bit! | My women and I laugh at their words.
I take my own sip and... 
- Did we add sugar? | I look at the sisters.
Tirpitz - We added a spoon each.
Bismarck - Tea spoon. We didn't want to make it lose its natural aroma.
I look at my mug and nod.
- Perfect amount, you two.

As the plat with the grilled meat is emptied, so is the first jar of Lindenblütensaft.
- Usually the drink is left like that for a few days, say 2 or even 3. But 3 is pushing it.
Bismarck - It's nice regardless. | My wife looks at me over her mug, as she takes a sip.
Alfred - It's nice! Please don't change it!
Otto - We want more! | I chuckle at their words.
Frederika - It's sweet enough!
Erika - It stings the tongue gently too!
Tirpitz - There we have it, the final verdict. | Tirpitz proudly says, taking a sip.
- Very well, that's going to be the recipe then. We can also store all of the Tilia petals on the tree, though we need a grand flat space for them - say... multiple tables. They will dry up, but they can still be used to make Lindenblütensaft. Any time of year~.
Tirpitz - That's good to know. We'll get to it tomorrow, first thing after coffee and a quick breakfast.
Bismarck - We can use the spare room downstairs. It has dozens of large and tall shelves. | I nod with a grin at my wives' words about the traditional and natural Iron Blood beverage.