Chapter 227- Jingyi 1

Southern Cross Star’s Ming Family was a standard overbearing president family.

Ming Yao’s father was the overbearing president, Ming Yao’s mother was the overbearing president’s wife, and Ming Yao’s elder brother was the family heir.

And Ming Yao’s last name was ‘Ming’.

The character for ‘Ming’ was made up of the sun and the moon. They shone down on the same stretch of heaven and earth, blessing the world with its light and sending the aura of an emperor right to one’s door.

So, after the year-end quarterly settlement, the company’s subordinates sent a full box of ‘emperor fruit’ to President Ming.

They were called ‘emperor fruit’, but in fact, they were wax apples.

Ming Yao, who was still in grade two of primary school, watched cartoons while gnawing on wax apples every day.

President Ming was shocked. The wax apples weren’t as good for the body as okra, but Ming Yao was still eating them every day. It meant that this son of his would bear great responsibility.

However, wax apples couldn’t be eaten so often.

Madame Ming was trying to cultivate Little Ming Yao’s understanding of ‘delayed gratification’. Madame Ming spoke in a gentle voice, “Mama will give you a fruit. If you eat it today, you won’t have any tomorrow. If you return it to mama tomorrow, you’ll have two.”

The First Young Master of the Ming Family saw his younger brother holding the fruit in his hand, wanting to eat it, and wanted to cultivate Ming Yao’s ‘financial management consciousness’. Brother Ming said patiently, “The fruit in Little Ming’s hand, if you eat it today, it’ll be gone tomorrow. If you give it to big brother today, it’ll turn into three fruits tomorrow, and nine fruits the day after tomorrow.”

Little Ming Yao immediately placed the fruit from his mother into his elder brother’s small bank.

10 days fixed deposit.

The next day, Madame Ming walked into Ming Yao’s small room and found 0 fruits.

Madame Ming was very surprised and sent a message to her friend, “Little Ming isn’t learning how to delay gratification. What should I do?”

Her close friend, “Children at that age haven’t developed their personalities fully yet. How about sending him to learn to play chess and archery?”

That afternoon, Little Ming Yao was sent to the Jingyi youth archery class.

The Jingyi battle team hadn’t made many achievements that year, and they didn’t receive much income from advertising. Fortunately, the team manager was very capable and had arranged a training class in order to earn extra money. Having the trainees become part-time tutors was a wonderful thing.

A whole team of luxury suspended cars sent Ming Yao to his archery class. As the president’s son, he received very special treatment, and it was a one-on-one class. The little bow had been specially selected to not harm the hands, and the target distance was two meters––in order to ensure that Ming Yao wouldn’t miss even with his eyes closed. There was also a small screen on the target that played cartoons for Ming Yao to watch.

However, Ming Yao kicked up a fuss, wanting to go home.

The archery hall manager cajoled him, “If you can hit the 7th ring on the 10 meter target, you can go home...”

There was a thud.

Little Ming Yao waved his bow, and the arrow hit the 9th ring on the 10 meter target, close to the center, “I want to go home!”