(Extras) Chapter 226.1- Going On Vacation

“Good morning, you’re listening to <Azure Survival Star Express>. As of yesterday, the mid-season starter list for each team in the Azure competition zone professional league was announced, and the main rotation players of Dolma and White Moonlight have stirred up heated discussions...”

“In the upcoming mid-season competition, 62 rookies will join this top professional league as new blood. Amongst them, 27 of them come from the trainee competitions Crosson, Hyacinth, Northern Lights, and so on, having made their official debut and become eligible to join the rotation.”

“Another 35 players from each team’s youth training reserves will also be participating in the mid-season games as substitutes.”

“Additionally, since the Crosson Show finals came to an end two weeks ago, the whereabouts of Contestant Wei Shi, who debuted in first place, have been discussed frequently. It has been reported that the Floating City Battle Team signed Contestant Wei with a sky high offer, breaking the record for the first round contract price for all previous trainees. At this time, we’d like to invite the famous commentator, Axel, to speak. What are your thoughts on this...”

For once, the mist over Floating City had dissipated, and the sunshine was just right.

Wu Jin yawned widely and made two cups of coffee, handing one to Wei Shi.

The house robot was nearby, working hard and broadcasting the morning radio.

“Thank you for inviting me here. Floating City Battle Team is a newly registered wild card team this year. Their first contract was generously offered to Contestant Wei, putting him in the c-position, which can be considered ‘heavy investment into foreign aid’. This year, the Floating City Battle Team has shown great ambition, and I personally look forward to their performance in the wild card division. However, from the perspective of career development, only Federal events will provide him with more exposure. Going to the Floating City Team means he will most likely be doing a Star League round trip”

round trip – going to the competition and then coming right back (because of early elimination)

“Thank you, Axel. Out of the other players from the Crosson Show, who else do you think is worth paying attention to?”

Wu Jin gulped down his coffee.

Who else was worth paying attention to! It sounded like stock selection advice given by stock market experts.

“Wei Yan, without a doubt. Thin Fire, who was ranked third, is also a rookie who is being pushed hard by Silver Thread Roll this year. Of course, Contestant Ning Fengbei, who is in the same battle team, is also worth looking forward to. Zuo Botang and Zoe, who are ranked 6th and 8th, are both very talented snipers, but their rankings were lower than they should have been due to the 1v1 system in the finals. Wu Jin, the player who ranked 4th...”

“I appreciate his brilliance in the commander position and his reasoning ability. However, his style is quite different from the current White Moonlight, and as an assault position, there is still room for improvement.”

“It’s hard to say if White Moonlight will be able to gain a Star League quota after Lin Jue retires.”

“Do you think it’s unlikely that White Moonlight will be able to make it to the Star League?”

“Not exactly. It’ll depend on how fast White Moonlight’s new players grow.”

The program began to broadcast advertisements.

The small robot cleverly switched channels, changing to a radio station that discussed popular tourist attractions.

Wei Shi finished his coffee and signed the last document.