Chapter 139 - Gun Duel

Crosson Base. Wu Jin ran beneath the scorching sun.

On the lawn, the stage manager was still explaining the details for the variety show next week to a group of trainees.

“The sponsor is Snow Leopard Online Entertainment. Before tonight, everyone should go see Instructor Ying for a live broadcast room number and upload a profile picture for the variety show as a guest performer. If you don’t know how to fix up your photo, go find the camera team. Remember to wash your hair before taking the photo...”

Within the crowd, Thin Fire was surprised when he saw Wu Jin still running around wildly, “Didn’t the program doctor tell Little Witch to rest quietly? How come he’s running around? And Wen Lin’s following him.”

Ming Yao pondered, “Is it some secret that White Moonlight hasn’t shared with us? Exercising to nourish the body!”

Shooting range.

The staff was laughing as they scanned Wu Jin’s identity chip and registered the two of them, “Who are you asking about? Contestant Wei and Contestant Zoe? Oh, they’re in there, dueling with guns! You young people are sure full of vigor! Sure enough, when the female contestants come, our Crosson Show is full of energy...”

Wu Jin was out of breath, panting as he made a sound of acknowledgement, scurrying towards the viewing area. In his field of vision, the light was dim and vague; the underground shooting room with a depth of 100 meters was blocked out by the protective glass.

There was nobody in the stands, but there was the flash of a figure in the shooting range––

Without waiting for Wen Lin to react, Wu Jin stuck himself up against the toughened protective glass and started to pounce around, trying to catch his captain’s attention and protect the big boss, “Captain captain captain captain...”

Inside the shooting range, Zoe’s expression was cold.

The White Moonlight captain gestured coolly for Wen Lin to peel Wu Jin away.

This patch of Little Witch on the glass was too worrying!! It had only been a few months, and he’d already been tricked away by Contestant Wei––

However, Zoe thought, looking coldly at Wei Shi.

Matters between men should be resolved in a manly way.

At this time, the targets hadn’t yet appeared. There was a long table behind both Zoe and Wei Shi, and hundreds of dark gun parts were scattered on the surface.

The countdown began at 40 seconds.

The timer board flashed red, and a small line of text appeared at the bottom: Mauser, Kar98K.

The two men who’d originally been standing still suddenly turned around, picking through the metal parts with hands that moved as fast as lightning.

Wu Jin’s eyes grew round. The love for antique firearms in the 31st century was similar to the love for cold steel weapons in the 21st century. Originally, he’d thought that a gun duel was similar to fencing––but unexpectedly, it began with assembling guns.

Inside the shooting range, the two men’s movements were as smooth as water. Within 12 seconds, Zoe’s gun chamber had just taken shape while the big boss had begun to assemble the hammer. At 20 seconds, Zoe held the heat guard with one hand while the big boss held the butt of his gun. At 26 seconds, the big boss installed the eyepiece and calibrated the gun while Zoe was still adjusting the magazine––

40 seconds.

The bunkers and targets appeared at the same time!

“Gun duel. 1v1 solo fight. The condition for winning is to take down 100 targets or to shoot the other party in the head.” Wen Lin explained.