Chapter 138 - Shooting Range

Early morning.

The star ship with 350 trainees on board slowly landed at the Crosson base.

The trainees tumbled out of the starship like dumplings into a pot, and the program producer held up a loudspeaker but was pushed aside by the starving trainees who were stampeding towards the canteen even before he could start summarizing the game.

Crosson canteen.

The robot that held a large basket of barbecued pork buns was intercepted and swept away by Caesar before it could even start serving. The second basket was picked up by Caesar again, and then a third...

Thin Fire, who was the first one in line in front of the window, complained loudly, "The steamed buns, where are the buns?! I've been waiting for nearly 10 minutes!"

Zoe quickly put down his chopsticks and dragged Caesar away.

Zoe: "Didn't I tell you to watch over Little Witch!"

Caesar slapped his chest and guaranteed, "Nothing happened all night. He must have drilled into his quilt and slept soundly!"

Wen Lin handed Caesar the soy milk, "Alright, report if the situation changes."

After breakfast, Caesar tossed all the steamed buns and soymilk into a box, then wandered back to the starship and sat at the door to Wu Jin's compartment. He burped as he kept watch outside.

All the while, he scoffed at Zoe's task.

It was so early in the morning. How could anyone come into the cubicle to mess with Little Witch?!

There was a squeak from behind him as Wei Shi pushed open the door to the room from inside.

The friendship of having gone drinking together in Floating City was still fresh in his mind, so Caesar was in high spirits, "Big brother! Have you eaten yet?!"

Wei Shi nodded.

Then, Caesar was still full of enthusiasm as he stuffed him with a bun, "You and Little Witch slept in the same room, hey, no wonder I didn't see you yesterday... Oh, Zoe told me to keep watch at Little Witch's door and not let anyone in... just now, the Red and White Roses came by, heh, but I drove them all away! Alright, see you later!"

A few minutes later, Wu Jin finished washing up and moved slowly behind Caesar as he went back to bed. The doctor who checked over the players after the game one by one came by and gave Wu Jin and Lan a doctor's note ordering 'three days of rest'.

Caesar was uneasy, "How are you, Little Witch?"

Wu Jin smiled broadly as he nodded. He'd recovered a lot already when compared to his state when he'd just come out of the life-saving capsule.

The big boss was like a high-level, human-shaped power bank, selflessly dedicating his body temperature to him all night! Wu Jin felt like he was charged full of electricity, and the small curls on his head were practically making the little buzz-buzz sounds that Pikachu's tail made.

It was just that the big boss didn't seem to have slept well!

Wu Jin suddenly thought of something, "How's Lan?"

Caesar: "Oh, she's fine! Chu Chu picked her up and brought her back in the morning."

Wu Jin was curious, "Chu Chu?"

Caesar was very knowledgeable about the female contestants' backgrounds, "Ah, yes, Chu Chu and Lan are both registered in the Empire. They came to the Federation to participate in the survival shows and will go back to the Empire in the future. That thing, exporting domestic sales or something!"