Chapter Ch178.2 - Funeral Chamber

By the time the two of them set off again, their body temperatures had basically stabilized.

The corridors in the pyramid weren’t complicated, and the walls were carved with familiar hieroglyphs and murals. Wu Jin turned on the flashlight and shared the clues he found, “Death is the pharaoh’s last trial. Only by passing through the trial will they be able to reach the land of the gods. The funeral priest will seal up the <Book of the Dead> that is filled with chants into the coffin with the mummy, and when the pharaoh is tested by the gods, he can refer to the answers in the book... like having a transcript in a trial...”

The two of them followed the river and came to a stop in front of a small door.

Wu Jin was just about to push open the door, but he paused before actually doing so and repeatedly instructed the cub, “We’re here to find the entrance to the Brave Rapids and the water clock. We’re not here to fight. Don’t randomly touch things...”

Wei Shi nodded. His fingers were steady on the bowstring, and the tip of the arrow was directed at the door.

Just as Wu Jin pushed open the door––

In the distance, the sound of chaotic footsteps sounded out across the heavy hall.

The two of them abruptly exchanged glances.

Another team had also entered the pyramid.

Based on the splashing sounds, it might even be more than one group.

Wu Jin quickly pushed open the door.

Heavy, stale air swept out in a gust.

The stone chamber behind the door was wide, and the military grade flashlight sent a long beam of light through the dust to the other end of the room. Wu Jin immediately realized that this should be the funeral chamber.

The stone chamber was filled with furniture, bowls, and temporary food that had been prepared by the program group. It was very similar to the burial system from Ancient Egypt. In the middle was a huge sarcophagus, and murals of dancing priests were drawn on the walls.

“It’s the Queen’s funeral chamber.” Wu Jin guessed, “The Pharaoh’s funeral chamber would be of a higher standard, and shouldn’t be placed at the bottom of the pyramid––forget it, let’s first find the <Book of the Dead>. All the murals mention this thing, and it should be a quest item.”

Wu Jin ran quickly to the prop coffin, “Come and help! Is this a flip cover or a sliding one––”

Wei Shi stilled.

The two of them suddenly looked towards the door.

The sound of footsteps could be heard from nearby.

It wasn’t possible. They shouldn’t be so quick if they had looked at the murals along the way&#k2026; Wu Jin was shocked&#k2026; No, if there was more than one team, then the team that was being chased would move quickly.

Wei Shi lifted up the bow and arrow once again.

“It’s more than one team.” Wu Jin held the big boss’s arm and gestured for him to wait, “If there’s three teams, then nobody can hold anyone hostage and everyone can benefit, but if one team is able to obtain the quest item first, then they would definitely become the target, and the other teams would prioritize eradicating them. We can’t stand out like that. Is there an exit here?”

The 16 year old Wei Shi’s eyes shifted as he thought about the stakes involved, “No, the air is still.”

Outside the door, the sound of footsteps was getting closer.