Chapter 16: Forest Ambush

As they were travelling to HeadQuaters, Akshita was looking the streets of Lucknow with moist eyes because it reminded her of the day when she left this city going through the same streets due to that ill-fated incident with a vow that she will never return to Lucknow but destiny had again played it's game and brought her to the same city that she now hates because of those people. But she wiped her tears so that no one could notice them. But when she carefully looked the streets, she noticed something, the streets were all empty, only some police and other security personnel were patrolling the streets or were guarding the checkpoints created at different places on the roads at short intervals. All the roads were empty, and a few vehicles which were plying on the roads were being thoroughly checked by the police at checkpoints. Their convoy was also stopped for checking, but was cleared soon, maybe because of her identity of a senior police official. Akshita then asked the officer sitting the front seat...

AC: why there is so much silence in the streets ?? Ek bhi insaan yahan nahin dikh raha hai, is it a pre-designated route for our convoy or something else ??

Officer: No mam, ye koi pre-designated route nahi hai, bohot din se yehi haal hai iss sheher ka ??

AC: matlab ??

Officer: yahan log ab sirf din mein hi bahar nikalte hain, aur suraj dhalte hi sab apne ghar chale jaate hain because rast mein koi bhi bahar nahin rehna chahta.

AC: what !??

Officer: yes mam, the security situation in Lucknow has worsened rapidly in last three months, many of our personnel were killed during encounter with that gang, many people were looted, or even murdered publicly without any fear of police, many people have been kidnapped and have been held hostage. Around 5 days ago, our ig sir was also attacked, but thank god he was injured only a little, otherwise anything would have happened. Due to these incidents, people are scared. They do not step out of their houses in night and do so only for essential things. They no longer trust the police, because they think that agar police khud ki raksha nahi kar sakti, toh voh humari raksha kaise karegi. They no longer trust us on security matters. The police have tried many ways to again develop trust for police in minds of people, par har samay hamari koshish ko voh gang nakaam kar deti hai.

AC: Lucknow ki haalat itni kharaab ho gayi hai !!

Officer: yes mam, that's why you have been called here so that you can find some solution. You are our last hope mam. Everything now depends upon you. We have lost, you are our only way to victory.

Akshita couldn't say anything at his explanation and his high hopes with her so she just nodded and again started looking out of the window while the officer concentrated to the front.

The convoy was going from the middle of a dense forest which has become scary at night. Suddenly, their convoy cames under scathing attack most certainly from the terrorist gang. The head officer of the convoy, who was sitting on the front passenger seat of Akshita's sedan took note of it and told the convoy officers over his earpiece to increase the speed of the convoy. The convoy increased its speed to escape their attacks but soon came to a halt in the middle of the scary forest due to puncturing of the tyres from the nails and sharp objects thrown on the road to trap them. The head officer realised that they have been ambushed by the terrorists and immediately made a call to the commissioner to send additional forces for the protection as the convoy would not be able to sustain the attacks for long....
________________

In the HeadQuaters....

Commissioner was roaming in his cabin with a worried face while Sagar, who was sitting on the chair, was just looking at him. It was a moment of silence when Sagar finally asked...

Sagar: kya hua hai sir, aap itne tension mein kyun hain ??

Comm: kya bataun Sagar, tum toh jaante ho na ki Lucknow mein abhi kis tarah ki situation chal rahi hai, har samay kisi nay hamle ka dar laga rehta hai, aur aaj toh voh teeno special officers bhi aa rahe hai, mujhe dar hai ki kahi unke HQ aane ke pehle hi kuch na ho jaye