Chapter 52: The final breath

Hiii:))
Guess who's back👉👈
I am deeply sorry for being this late...

But here's the chapter anyway, I hope you enjoy it!!!! It's literally my fav one😭😭

Before you read, these are two small reminder of conversations from old chapters that you need:

1st one:
"Y/n, wait" her grandfather hesitantly held her wrist after handing her the cape at the front door " there's one more thing you have to know"

"What is it ?" she curiously looked at him, internally hoping that it won't lead to another heated argument between them.

" Your brother forgot to tell you about one other important page which I bet he forgot to mention because he couldn't understand it"

" and why wouldn't he?" y/n asked as she thought to herself.. the three steps of the awakening, the blood of the sun summoner, the hair changing color.. What else?

" because the page is written in latin...."

2nd one:
"I know you have lost your memory and gotten headaches for years but look at how far you've gone, you reached the second step which none of our ancestors were capable of doing.. y/n , you are the sun summoner"

Also, yeah you're right.
There is a SONG that is ABSOLUTELY necessary to listen to while reading this chapter.

Aight, go play it now 😡:

https://youtu.be/pGGlTw9EZBI

..................................................................

The hashiras and the other demon slayers watched helplessly, their mouths gaping in defeat, as y/n's eyes suddenly opened...

Silence filled the air for a moment, until y/n's face started to turn solid red and she ultimately had to scream on top of her lungs due to the blue lily's effect rushing in her veins.

Koksuhibo intentionally loosened his grasp around her, causing her to tumble to the ground..

Every muscle in her face tightened as she began digging her nails into the cold soil to swallow the searing pain, which was so intense.. so consuming, to the extent that she couldn't even restrain her own tears from rolling down her cheeks.It was as if countless needles that had been dipped in poison were jammed through her skin.

All the demon slayers, kakushis and hashiras present were completely devastated at the sight of y/n struggling on her own and were squirming, trying to break the spell they were put under.

Giyu, however, was still not able to move an inch as everything around him had blurred to obscurity. He lost all the faith in himself...

In contrast, Muzan was delighted to be the one in control. Everything was sorting out precisely like he arranged and there was just a single step left for him to accomplish his triumph.

Injecting y/n with his blood.

He promptly snatched one more needle and after taking a glance at the weakened hashiras, constrained the dim red fluid into the sun summoner's arm.

Some sort of physical reaction was expected, yet a few seconds have passed and nothing has happened to y/n.

Muzan glared at Kokoshibou who instantly understood the signal and unsheathed his nichirin blade, facing it towards y/n to check if she was moving.

Just as the cold tip of the sword touched her skin , a bright shield of light was formed around y/n's body, shoving the uppermoon away with its intensity.