Chapter 1 : Awakening

"y/n, wake up sweetie it's time to go sell some dorayaki "I heard my mother telling me as she was delicately tapping on my shoulder. I gradually opened my eyes, grasping the warmth of daylight entering through my huge window. She soon reached out her hand to help me get up from my bed, just like every morning.

As I was getting ready, a small smile tugged at my lips while I reminisced about my childhood memories. Those times when I didn't have to endure these sharp headaches every now and then, when my older brother Akio was still with us, playing with me in our secret spot where lilac flowers bloom around the river, creating a quite beautiful contrast between the blue reflection of the sky on the clear river and the pose violet tone of the lilacs.

Or, Those times when I stand by the front door, cheerfully waiting for my father to come home...

A tear rolled down my face as reality struck back. I gazed at my window, knowing well that those days will never come back.

" 7 years already.. Akio.. I searched everywhere, asked the villagers around everyday whenever our mother would send me to sell the dorayakis. I even visited our secret spot in hopes of finding any clues about you, it was all in vain. Since you disappeared, everything has changed. I am doing your job instead of you, now " I chuckled as I wiped away the tears that filled my eyes " Our father.. Akio.. he's sick, he can no longer move. Our mother is denying her pain, hiding her suffering from me but I can see it in her face. I don't know what to do.. let alone these headaches that I've been getting after you vanished are becoming more frequent these past few days....but I kept it to myself. Our parents are going through enough already.. I just wish I could go back in time and see you again-"

" y/n!" I heard my mother's voice again which snapped out of my thoughts, making me realize that I was standing here and talking to myself for too long.

" Coming!" I responded as I quickly changed into my clothes.

I went downstairs to have my breakfast then I took a bag full of dorayakis, these two small pancake-like patties made from castella wrapped around a filling of sweet azuki bean paste that I loved making alongside my mother.

After leaving, I made sure my dad took his medicine and hugged my mother, reassuring her that I'll be back soon as I assumed it would help relieve some of her stress.

On my way to the village, I felt like my skin was tingling, as if my body was absorbing the heat around me but I ignored it anyway since I had to focus on my job.

" Oh! y/n! I was waiting for you my dear" said one of the villagers.

" Ohayo, Mr.Hiyoto ! I am sorry, I was tired and I woke up a bit late today. Here are your two usual  dorayakis, hope you enjoy them and have a good day!" I  approached him with a smile, offering him the sweets.

He took the small packet from my hands, staring at me with a worried look. I was surprised at his gesture and was about to ask him but he soon interrupted me saying "You have something special about you my dear, everyone in this village just feels better when they see you around. Be careful and don't let anyone use you for your kindness" Although confused, I nodded and smiled at him again then I waved him goodbye and continued on my way.

It took me about 3 hours to sell all the dorayakis I've brought from home and when I was on my way back, I heard someone calling for help. Without hesitation, I followed the source of the voice until I found myself in between two narrow abandoned buildings. At first, I hesitated because of how isolated this place felt like but I had a feeling that I shouldn't just abandon whoever is in trouble.

To my surprise, the scene in front of me revealed a young boy who was struggling to hold someone else. Slowly getting closer to where he was laying, I squinted my eyes and saw an injured little girl.