Chapter 23 : Hero's welcome

This happened because I wasn't paying attention

I'm sorry, Inosuke.. if only I'd noticed him sooner

No.....If I hadn't left Uzui's and y/n's sides in the first place, this wouldn't have happened!

Sorry....sorry, everyone!

Guilt was consuming him as he failed to reach Zenitsu's hand and fell on the ground, away from the damage caused by the demon.

The fall rendered him unconscious for a while, then soon woke up in a cold in sweat after having a dream about his sister " Huh, where am I?" He looked around him and saw how the village was completely demolished and is currently burning with flames " This is awful, I can't believe it ended up like this."

The only thing that made him a bit relieved was the fact that his little sister was still peacefully sleeping right next to him.

" What's this? You're still alive?"

The upper six demon suddenly appeared right in front of him " You're one lucky guy,huh?. Well, not that you have anything going except for being lucky. I feel sorry for you!" The demon approached Tanjiro's face, mocking him " Everyone is probably done for! A single thrust to that boar's heart, that towheaded boy's trapped under the rubble, and he's flailing, so I'm just going to leave him there until he dies, squirming like an insect...How disgraceful is that! and how weak was that Hashira! All he had was bluster...He suffered from my counterattack along with that pitiful sun summoner of yours who's supposed to exterminate all the demons. She was blown away by her own attack against mine and is now trapped under the ruins as well. The poison got to both of them, it's all over! So disgraceful! So disgraceful!"

The demon crouched down, aggressively patting Tanjiro's head as he continued to make fun of the human in front of him by taking his hand and twisting his fingers, breaking them as a result.

" Hey listen" he was aimlessly hitting Tanjiro's head " how do you feel now? Being the only one to survive so disgracefully! Why were you even born, huh? What are you gonna do with your weak sauce, battered, disgraceful human body! Let's see you cut off my head! Come on! Come on! "

Out of nowhere, Tanjiro took the box where his sister was sleeping and ran away, leaving the two demons confused.

Gyutaro chuckled and slowly walked towards Tanjiro " I've never seen anyone as disgraceful as you!" then he harshly kicked the demon slayer on his stomach causing him to spit blood " I know ! Why don't you become a demon too? For your little sister's sake! That's it! That's it! What a great idea!"

Just as the demon got close to his face again, the boy with hanafuda earrings head-butted him, sneakingly implanting a poisoned Kunai in the demon's leg.

" Onii-chan! What are you doing? Get on your feet!" The demon sister screamed at her brother who felt weak and noticed afterwards the kunai, understanding the boy's little plan.

Without hesitation and using the last bits of the energy he had left, Tanjiro  directed his sword towards the demon's neck, attempting to behead him.

" Hey! Are you kidding me? Don't get beheaded by someone like him!" Daki was worriedly yelling at her brother again.

Suddenly, she was then left thunderstruck when she heard a thunder-like sound and watched the yello-whaired demon slayer , whom she despised a lot because of his looks, coming at her with his sword " I know how fast your move is! I've seen it many times", she tried to convince herself. 

Thunder breathing..First form..Thunderclap and Flash...Godlike speed..

He mumbled and moved with an incredible speed that exceeded her expectations.