Chapter 24 : Home

As the three wives were slowly helping the sound pillar move while the demon slayers along with y/n and Nezuko were struggling to figure out who would carry the other, a number of kakushis have made it to the scene and solved the problem by transporting all of them back to the headquarters.

" I'm sorry in advance, carrying me all this way back will probably make you extremely exhausted later on." y/n looked down at the female kakushi who smiled and shook her head saying " You shouldn't be apologizing y/n-sama. It's our job! I am glad you all made it alive!"

" I am too" y/n glanced at the sky as she embraced the warm feeling of the sun rays brushing her skin.

We truly did it. I'm beyond grateful, y/n thought, admiring her friends who were also being supported by the kakushis.

Both Inosuke and Zenitsu were asleep, Tanjiro was having a conversation with Uzui who, because of his large figure, was just being guided by some kakushis and his wives.

" Mind including me in this conversation of yours?" y/n pouted at them.

" Oh! y/n.. You see we were just talking about.." Uzui's eyes darted back and forth as he tried to come up with a lie since he was actually talking about the possibility of y/n becoming a hashira when they make it back " talking about you and Tomioka!"

y/n's face turned completely red from embarrassment " w-what?"

" No,no! y/n-san! He's just kidding, we were talking about how there's a high chance you're joining the hash-" With a hostile glare, Uzui shut the boy's mouth to interrupt him.

y/n gazed at them, clicking her tongue in annoyance " whatever".

She decided to ignore the two and keep on exchanging some words with the female kakuchi and Suma who was now walking beside her.

The young kunoichi was so curious about y/n's story with Tomioka so she wanted to get actual updates from y/n herself, leaving her husband with his other two wives.

In about a few hours of walking, they all made it back to the demon slayer headquarters where the kakuchis dropped them off at the butterfly estate to get their wounds treated.

They were all placed in individual beds next to each other. Aoi took the charge at first, starting with Insouke who had the worst condition, then Zenitsu, Uzui, Tanjiro and y/n.

The demon slayer with the boar mask was still unconscious which made y/n and Tanjiro a bit worried but Aoi reassured them that he'll be alright in a couple of days.

Nezuko popped out of the box and started playing with Tengen's wives and y/n while the sound pillar watched them with a cup of warm tea in his hands and a genuine smile plastered on his face.

"Moshi Moshi! I am here and I am so glad to see each one of you in one piece!" The insect pillar came into the room.

" Shinobu!" y/n cheered up as she saw her friend but soon hid under the blanket when she saw how Kocho's facial expression instantly changed into rather a scary one. 

" Now, now y/n. You never learn! Last time you left with Tomioka-san when it's not even your mission, just right after I allowed you to leave the butterfly estate and now three days ago you just left again after two whole months of sleeping without going through rehabilitation training."

Shinobu wasn't actually mad, she knew y/n and her obsession with helping others during their missions whenever she found the possibility to do so.

The insect pillar giggled as she saw her friend's reaction " Don't hide from me. I was just joking. I am so proud of you all for defeating an upper moon!"