Chapter 41 : Broken hearts

Hiii people :))
It seems like you guys didn't like the previous chapter, I'm sorry for writing it that way...
I hope you like this one, even tho it's kinda sad 😗
...............................................................

Giyu's pov

I was walking around my district as usual, investigating every inch of the areas around, so that I wouldn't fail in spotting any demon lurking out at this time of the night.

It was a few hours before sunrise when I concluded my search. The fact that I didn't find any demons made me relieved as the people around at least had a peaceful night, but something was telling me that I might be wrong, that I might've missed a place somehow.

What if someone is in danger because of my lack of precision? What if I've actually missed a spot?

A sudden creak I've heard behind me snapped me out of my thoughts. Swiftly, I turned around and unsheathed my sword, only to find the whole area behind me empty. Out of confusion, I lowered my blade and walked back a few steps, checking all different sides around me with my eyes. After not sensing anything unusual, I shrugged it off, thinking maybe I was just hallucinating.

Right when I turned back to walk as I was, I felt a harsh kick on my back that tossed me away and made me hit my back on a tree. It was so unexpected that I couldn't even react on time.

" HA HA HA HA ! LOOKS LIKE I'VE TRICKED YOU!" a high-pitched voice rang in my ears as I was still recovering from the powerful blow.

I lifted myself up, leaning on my sword, then my vision got clearer and I was able to see a demon standing a few meters away from me.

There's no way.....How did I miss him?. I just checked around me and didn't see him!

" You must be confused, Oh, poor thing. I'll answer your question to make it easier for you, before I kill you" the demon said and I clenched my fists, thinking about how distracted I've been since y/n left for this mysterious mission near her district.

I've been so distracted that I couldn't sleep well, or eat well, or do well on my missions. I took a lot more time to defeat regular demons, a lot more time to walk back to the headquarters. I have been feeling drained for an entire week because I just can't stop worrying about her.

" My blood demon art allows me to be invisible and not only that, I can make absolutely no sound as well! I control when I let others see or hear my movements! how incredible and unique is that!" the creature yelled proudly and I instantly recalled y/n's fight with another demon with a similar blood demon art.

Right! It was the night after the festival when she defeated a female demon that had the ability to become invisible as well.

" Why are you so quiet, human? You really are boring! I can definitely say that you don't and never will have a girlfriend! Who would want to be with you, anyway?" the demon started mocking me with a grin plastered on his face.

His words were hurtful but I tried to act calm..

Alright, enough games, Giyu.

" I can assure you that you're not unique. I've seen a demon with similar abilities as you getting beheaded in front of my eyes". I calmly added and the demon gasped, I could feel the rage coming from him and with that I muttered...Mizu no kokyū- Ichi no kata: Minamo Giri.

With a single concentrated slash, I was able to decapitate the noisy demon right before he managed to make himself invisible again...

The demon's head fell to the ground, his expression showing that he was rather shocked.