Chapter 42 : The plan

Hello hello!!!
Hope y'all are doing good.
Aight, I won't keep this long..
On to the chapter 👀
...............................................................

After spending most of the night on top of her roof, writing the letters, y/n woke up the following day with red puffy eyes from all the tears she had shed at night.

Slowly, she approached her window to lift up the pane, allowing the morning breeze to reach her room.

Although she is supposed to rest and heal for a few more days, y/n couldn't give herself the time to do so. She knew she had to continue to train despite everything happening in her life.

After all, Muzan might find her again anytime soon and when he does, she must be ready.

A long sigh escaped her lips as she bent down to stretch for a bit before making herself breakfast and heading off to her backyard to try and learn how to make any shape of light.

" Alright.. I can do this time" the young sun summoner mumbled, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath.

She brought her hands together in front of her and tried to focus on the light stored inside of her. Her aim is to first of all succeed in emitting light from her hands without the need to be in contact with a demon, then to shift the light and make it into specific shapes.

Focus, y/n, focus... you did it before..not once, not twice... imagine as if Doma was in front of you now and you want to burn his face again..Y/n thought to herself, recalling the way the upper moon used to torture her just to hear her screams, the way he forced human blood into her mouth, the way he torn her skin with his nails, the way he burned her face with flame and with some sort of chemicals.

The images that played in her mind rendered her extremely furious, to the extent that her fingers started to shake, a cold sweat running down her forehead.

Only this time,instead of falling to the ground and giving up like she did yesterday, she felt warmth radiating off her fingers and with that, she opened her eyes and witnessed the light coming out between her hands. 

" I did it!" y/n's lips curled up into a smile " okay, now, I need to make a shape out of it, this is the hard part. Focus, y/n" she thought out loud as she started to move her hands in a flowing motion, trying to shift the light as well, yet nothing happened.

Maybe I need to choose what shape I want first....let's see... Oh, maybe a cube! Y/n thought to herself, bringing her hands closer to each other in an attempt to form a cube.

Nothing happened again.

Ughhh.. why is this so hard.. she clicked her tongue out of annoyance, then took a deep breath and closed her eyes again.

This time, I am definitely doing it...she continued moving her fingers around, feeling absolutely confident until the warmth she was feeling between her fingers disappeared.

Instantly, she opened her eyes and saw that the light had faded away.

" What!! nooooo" the young sun summoner mentally slapped her forehead. Another heavy sigh left her lips before she decided to start all over again.

A few hours have passed during which y/n never left her backyard, not even to drink water.

She was standing the whole time, trying to emit some light again, just like she did when she first left her front door, but it didn't work.

She tried to imagine Doma's face again, Obanai's, Kokoshibou's and even Muzan's yet the light never came out.

After multiple trials, y/n realized that maybe forcing her powers through emotions of anger and the need for revenge doesn't work.