014: Belong to the City

Patience Patron

I got up and took and shower then did my skin care. I was living with Shylee for a bit til I got my money up to go live in Texas with my grandma.

She was really mean to me when I first met her when I was 12. That's why I hate getting close to people because it was either my friends or family who looked at me different about a certain thing.

Glady the Smiths never did or still don't. But I wanna get to know my family. My dad's side of the family HATED me with every bone in their bodies.

They said "Your dad was happy when it was just Marian and her kids and you and your mom just made him hate his life. Now that she is gone he has to take care of your ungrateful ass. Your never invited to ANY of our family events we don't claim girls like you"

I was only 14 when they said that and that was the last time I spoke to them.

My mom just died and all I got was trash talked.

I was working at the club with Shylee for a while I started at a bar tender then I got to work in the pole early. Some girls were cool as fuck and some were jealous insecure hating ass bitches.

Some were like our age and some were older in their 20s and 30s. It was mainly the 30s bitches who were hating on the younger ones.

I worked there with Shylee from 7 pm to 2 am and we made money.

I had enough money to go live with my grandma til it was time for me to come back.

"So baby I talked with your grandam and she said you can come whenever you like" Grandma Janet said as she gave me some french toast with syrup and eggs with bacon.

"Thank you maw maw and I'll be ready today" I said and she looked at me.

"They gon miss you. Shylee gon cry her ass out" She said and I chuckled.

"Yea well I need a fresh start so when I come back I will be better. I will go see a therapist for my mental health and find colleges out here when I'm in Texas so when I come back I'm ready" I explained to maw maw.

"That is good baby I'm glad you got everything figured out" She said.

She gave me a kiss on the cheek then went upstairs.

I ate my food then heard the twins come downstairs.

"Hey thing one and thing two" I said was their nick name I called them.

"Heyyyy" Marie said.

"Grandma made food?" Meia said.

"Yea it's in the oven" I said and they made themselves a plate and sat on the counter.

"So you moving to Texas today?" Meia said as she ate some eggs.

"Yea I already got my plane ready so I'm going at 12 at night" I said.

"We gon miss you" Marie said after she was done eating.

"I'm gon miss yall too. I'll be back soon though and yall gon see me on my 19th birthday" I said.

I got dressed and went to school with Shylee.