CHAPTER 30: The End after the Beginning

Grey

I appeared in front of the Indrath castle.

Looks as tacky as ever, I thought with a scoff.

With steady steps I made my way down the hall and in front of the giant golden doors.

With a deep breath and mana reinforced arm I shoved the doors forward. The metal cracked letting the heavy doors fall onto the ground with a crash.

"What an impeccable entrance" said a lazy yet demanding voice.

"Truly the showman" said another

"Agrona!? What are you doing here"

"I'm just here to watch" he said with a wink.

"Of course" I replied, forcing my face to remain impassive.

"Arthur Leywin...it's been a while." Indrath said.

"It's Grey"

"Ah, taking the roots from your past life. Interesting."

"So you knew about that the whole time?"

"Of course...why else would I take a 15 year old to train with gods."

I merely scoffed.

"Very well...I'm bored as well. Agrona, let's see what your little pet can do."

Immediately the room filled with an intense bloodlust. Agrona got slammed onto the floor while my knees buckled.

"Impressive...I guess." Kezzes said. "I simply expected more from your aetheric entrance."

"So you felt it, huh?"

"Don't tell me you used up all your power on a mere party trick."

I only laughed.

I am fate, aether is my follower...I use you and you use me. Let's do this, I thought to the aether. My core shook violently, the aether was begging me to let it out, as if it was inside its own cage. Aether flooded every part of my body. The world shriveled up, as if I was standing in front of a hot fire.

With my voice aetheric I said," Your move"

Mana flew towards Kezzes, his eyes wide but the rest of his body composed.

"Oh?" He said simply

A ball of pure white mana flew towards me. Sidestepping I let it fly past me. But then it started to expand, poisonous mana loomed around me, ready to attack at any moment.

I godstepped away and towards Kezzes. Aetheric sword in my hand I jabbed it towards the dragon.

But with only two fingers he caught the blade aimed at his core.

"You really are something I must say..." Indrath said... "really something"

Kaminari screeched in my hand, aether and mana working together to sustain the room," Fly" I said letting my spell lose.

Kezzes tried to move away but failed, the lightning connected, already burning away at his skin. But...with a snap of his fingers the spell was gone, his wounds healed.

Immediately every spell I could think off stood behind Kezzes, all 4 elements and more were about to be thrown at me. The spells crackled in the air, ready to be used.

Fuck, I thought.

I godstepped away; letting the world fold under my command. But it didn't change anything. Kezzes merely turned around, pointing a finger at me.

"Die" he commanded.

Sending aether into my golden godrune I rose my hand. The spells were right next to me, the closest one millimeters away from my nose. Then, a ripple of space-time was created in the center of the room; carrying away the spells with its disappearance.