CHAPTER 4: The Ingenious Plans

Grey

Hey Sylvie, are you mad at me? I don't think mad is the best way to describe it. More like...disappointed. Annoyed I was getting a motherly speech I sighed. Hey if you don't want to hear my thoughts tha-

That's not it, I know how you are feeling, it's just that...I didn't have a choice. I had to pick between Dication and my family. Even though I...dislike, my family right now I still care about them. I understand but why not talk to me about it, we could have worked something out...like we always have.

My voice shuddering I hesitated to reply. It's...it's because Agrona spoke through you. What. Somehow, someway Agrona made a link with you, letting him take control over your actions. That's how he talked to me before as well. It was through you we made the deal. Looking betrayed, Sylvie was on the verge of tears. Then she slapped me.

It hurt, not the slap it self but because I knew exactly how she felt. "There...now we are even. And don't you dare keep a secret like that again." Sylvie said in a broken voice. Wiping the tears of her face she hugged me. I forgive you, you big dummy. Thank you, Sylv.

So what is your ingenious plan now?
Now? I smiled. I break past the white core stage.

Ceara Denoir

"So the ascenders didn't have to participate in the war...interesting, so he wasn't even going all out." I heard the mysterious man say. I usually come to this bar to get away from my parents. They are always so over protective. When will they realize I can take care of my self, I scoffed to no one in particular.

Becoming more and more intrigued by the mans questions I moved closer to him, hoping he wouldn't notice me. Although I could only see his back he looked no older then 16. His arms and back were muscular, you could tell he was an ascender. But then...how did he not know who they were? Was it a trick of the relictombs or just a good looking soldier oblivious to the relictombs.

Then his companion spoke up, she was young, really young in fact. Hey wheat like hair tousled by the over head fan. I tried to observe her face but my eyes instantly shot up to the top of her head. She had horns, pitch black horns curving up near her temples. They had an intricate grey lines swirling around them, like they were dancing in celebration of her very existence.

I quickly looked away. Poor girl I thought, what did she have to go through to have such a stale smile. It made sense though. Once the Vritra find out your blood has manifested they immediately put you through rigorous training. You go day and night hoping that it ends, yet it never does. At least that is what my mentor told me.

Screech

The man had gotten up, the girl following him. He seemed satisfied with his visit, while the girl worn a stone faced expression. I made sure I was focused on my drink and double checked that my hood was on. They walked past me and soon the door slammed shut.

"What a weird fellow eh?" I could hear Alaric ask himself. Leaving a few bronze coins for my drink I followed the mystery man outside.

Although I wasn't sure where he was heading I knew it had to be something to do with the Relictombs. If that was the case following him would be near impossible.

**

Luckily I was only half right. He and his companion turned left entering the Relictombs assessment building. A big smile appeared on my face. Now I can see how strong this man really is.

"Grey of unnamed blood please go to door number 5 and begin your assessment make sure to put on the safety vest before entering the test room. For any spectators enter door 6."

Although I was disappointed that he was an unnamed blood it only made me more curious. I could sense that he was strong but to go on ascents at the age 16...that was another level.

Even I, only entered the Relictombs at 16. Just what kind of monster was he.

"Thank you for your visit Grey, we hope you get to live past your preliminary ascent" announced a speaker next to me. As expected he qualified for the preliminary ascent...but what scores did he get?

Waiting until he left the building I went to the front desk to ask. "Can I see Candidate Grey's results please" I asked politely."Sorry miss but that information is private." Expecting this outcome I showed her my Denoir medallion. Although I could admit this was an underhand play, my curiosity got the better of me.

Sorry...I'll make it up to you, I promised to myself. Though I knew this was just an excuse so I could see him again.

When I saw his results, to say I was shocked was the understatement of the century.

Mastery of mana manipulation: Vritra
Mana supply: Vritra
Mana control: Vritra
Smarts: Vritra
Hand to hand: Vritra
Swordplay: #####
Survival chance: Vritra

To think that he got the highest rank in every category is improbable...no impossible. No one has done it before yet...this kid. I thought to myself. Not only that he also broke the scaling for sword play! Who on earth is he?

Turning around getting ready to stalk him again, I bumped into a little girl.

Oh sorr-

"So" she said with a piercing glare. What do you want with my bond?

AN: Hey guys! I hope you have been enjoying the series so far. Starting now I plan on releasing a chapter or 2 every week. If you want to leave your ideas I would be honored to look at them. I know that the first 3 chapters have been more of a recap then anything but I promise that things will change form the original story very fast. I hope that you guys will enjoy the ride!